Guards of Atlantis: Tabletop MOBA» Forums » Rules

Subject: Min's Trip mines and upgrades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L. S.
msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I have a question about the placement and activation of Min's mines.

1. What happens, if the ability is activated before the old tokens were resolved? Do I first place the remaining two tokens or do I move the two tokens that are already on the board?

2. In case of the level 3 version or that all the tokens have already been placed, do I move the chips on the board or do I have to wait until the other ones are triggered?

3. The tokens trigger if a character steps on them or move from them. How can they trigger while moving away from them? Every character has first to move on them. I'm afraid, I might have understood something wrong.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
MadPlant wrote:
Hi,
I have a question about the placement and activation of Min's mines.

1. What happens, if the ability is activated before the old tokens were resolved? Do I first place the remaining two tokens or do I move the two tokens that are already on the board?

1) All tokens are removed at the end of the round. So this situation is rather rare.

2) However, if you managed to get the card back into your hand after activating in during a single round, using that skill again will reset the tokens. I.e. remove the old ones from the board and place them again.

MadPlant wrote:

3. The tokens trigger if a character steps on them or move from them. How can they trigger while moving away from them? Every character has first to move on them. I'm afraid, I might have understood something wrong.

"Moving away" and "moving onto" only triggers the mine on the controlling player's turn.
This is necessary for a scenario where some other effect pushes you onto the mine. In this case it won't explode right away and you will end up standing on the space with a mine. You have a chance to survive by not moving until the end of the round.

Enjoying the game so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. S.
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the fast reply.

It seems I overlooked that the tokens are removed at the end of the round. Is it written on the card? Being able to read is an advantage.

Unfortunately, I didn't had much time playing Guards with more than 2-players. I enjoy the simple but variable mechanics.
I hope I will play with more than two players in the coming weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
MadPlant wrote:

Is it written on the card?

Not on the card itself, since this rule affects any tokens, not just Min's.
It's listed in the last point in the turn structure on page 4. As well as in the summary.

MadPlant wrote:

Unfortunately, I didn't had much time playing Guards with more than 2-players. I enjoy the simple but variable mechanics.
I hope I will play with more than two players in the coming weeks.

Let me know how it goes :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.