8 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: After Box 1 opened, does everybody...? [spoilers for box 1] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...just zoom out to sea to get currents and atolls etc discovered in a sticker frenzy lol?

We got Game 2 tomorrow, I'm eager to see what's out there in the wild blue yonder!

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our game 2 only the last player (leader after first game) out of five went out in the 5th row, the rest of us went for milestones.

Results:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
He got the least glory in that game so maybe it was a bad idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I did the same in game 2 and lost by a small margin, but won game 3 because I opened new islands for me to explore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Webbe wrote:
In our game 2 only the last player (leader after first game) out of five went out in the 5th row, the rest of us went for milestones.

Results:

Well there's a milestone out there so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My problem was two of us did, so the other guy got all the exploration-related milestones and I didn't have as much to show for it. The other three focused on the trade-related milestones. We've gotten to game 5 and box 4 now, and only the two explorers have discovered any islands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Liddle
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the Observatory could do work for the exploration-minded, as you can scout the Uncharted Seas deck, placing currents and atolls more strategically than randomly.

E.g., in our game the only current placed was horizontally on the edge of the board (not usefully at all) because they player wanted to stay in that row to discover an island.

... You can't have a current AND an island in the same place, can you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
razordaze wrote:
I think that the Observatory could do work for the exploration-minded, as you can scout the Uncharted Seas deck, placing currents and atolls more strategically than randomly.

Nice idea! Not necessarily a huge competitive advantage, but definitely a nice idea!
Quote:
... You can't have a current AND an island in the same place, can you?

No. Once a space has a sticker of any sort on it, you no longer draw cards there, and can't explore for islands there, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Alan Sayers
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Webbe wrote:

Results:

Similar results for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.