Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lita Chantler question (spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piotr
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to FAQ: If Lita leaves play while a player controls her temporarily during "The Gathering" scenario (i.e. while she is technically not a part of that player's deck), remove her from the game (do not place her into any discard pile). This does not affect possible scenario resolutions.

How it is possible to gain control of Rita during 1st scenario. I can add her to deck as a result of scenario, when i finish game, thats OK, but i see no posibility to include this card into my deck (or my play area) during this scenario. It goes into play with "boss ghoul" and should be placed in one of the locations. I assume it doesnt affect investigators at all, because she isnt in player play area. So how to gain control of her ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szutek wrote:
According to FAQ: If Lita leaves play while a player controls her temporarily during "The Gathering" scenario (i.e. while she is technically not a part of that player's deck), remove her from the game (do not place her into any discard pile). This does not affect possible scenario resolutions.

How it is possible to gain control of Rita during 1st scenario. I can add her to deck as a result of scenario, when i finish game, thats OK, but i see no posibility to include this card into my deck (or my play area) during this scenario. It goes into play with "boss ghoul" and should be placed in one of the locations. I assume it doesnt affect investigators at all, because she isnt in player play area. So how to gain control of her ?


There is an action Parlay available in the Parlor to take control of her.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. We beat boss in the holl, that's why it wasn't clear for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Oytoyt
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can damage be assigned to Lita in the first scenario? And when you take 'control' of her in the first scenario, does she take up your ally slot?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Albertsen
United States
Onalaska
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Always stomped, never the stomper...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why she wouldn't take up an ally slot. And thus, I don't see why damage wouldn't be able to be assigned to her. So I'd say yes to both.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Oytoyt
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way I played it on my first run through. Made sense to me although I couldn't find anything that specifically clarified this in the rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
szutek wrote:
Thanks. We beat boss in the holl, that's why it wasn't clear for me.


You are supposed to immediately reveal the location where she is, so you can see that option as soon as the barrier goes down and the last part of the scenario begins.

Maybe you missed that part and left it face-down?

Bye
Thanee
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oytoyt wrote:
That's the way I played it on my first run through. Made sense to me although I couldn't find anything that specifically clarified this in the rules.



She has the Ally symbol on her card, (in the bottom r/h corner), which means she takes up an ally slot (once you have successfully parlay'd with her and won her over).

nb. (Any other Ally you may already have at that time will need to be discarded, if you want to use her in your play area).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.