Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just happened to notice. The stats on this game show pretty much equal for Number of Owners and All Time Plays: 4050 to 4882, currently.

Buy the game, play it once, and you're done ? Only 20% of owners do otherwise ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
I just happened to notice. The stats on this game show pretty much equal for Number of Owners and All Time Plays: 4050 to 4882, currently.

Buy the game, play it once, and you're done ? Only 20% of owners do otherwise ?

I would say a good number of owners don't record plays. I just recently started doing it. I've played Black Fleet 7 times now. But i haven't recorded any of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I almost always only record the first play of a game. It's how I mark that I've at least played my games at least once. I've played Black Fleet multiple times but only have one recorded play. I wouldn't be surprised if others mark a game played just to help remember that they have played it before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps because the kind of people who have fun playing this game aren't the same kind of people who log every play of every game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Own it, played about a dozen times, never record my plays (and I collect games, play about 4 to 6 games per week at game night and at home, and spend a lot of time on BGG) and it's not because I forget, but because I don't need nor want to... you may be overstimating how many users record every single game session they play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't record any game sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I also don't record games sessions and have played it several times. Probably at least a dozen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
This is not unusual. 1825 Unit 1: owned 442, played 336. Republic of Rome: owned 4,939, played 3,326. TI3: owned 16,173, played 20,684 (plays exceed owns, but not a lot). Those weren't cherry-picked, just the games nearest to me at this instant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the game, play it a lot and never log my plays even once. I don't see the benefits of logging my plays (in contrast to recording my game collection as a form of inventory).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I log every play of every game that I play. I enjoy having an exact count of it, don't know why... Just do. I have played this game a bunch of times and really enjoyed my last session of it. So much that I took it off my trade list and the marketplace. It's not a masterpiece or anything but there's something about it that I really enjoy. Maybe it's the insanely amazing components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is not a perfectly balanced equation that rewards efficiency and startegy... it very chatoic and rewards being a bit mean and forming effect combos that can even seem broken at times, so it's not for everyone (I'm looking at you, eurogamers) but it's really, really fun if you have the right mindset and group. And as you said, everything in it is just beautiful (even the insert of the box is charming, when was the last time you were amazed by a game's plastic insert?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.