Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb

Factions:
Explorers- want to be the first on new bases.

Grannies-
Rock Stars-
Teddy Bears-
Description:
Is That a… Teddy Bear?

Never let a cute face fool you, there’s a beatin’ awaiting you behind those cuddly smiles (didn’t Pretty Pretty Smash Up teach you anything?!?!) But it doesn’t end there, if you survive the onslaught of the teddy bears, you have rock stars, grannies, and explorers awaiting… seriously, what were we thinking?

Smash Up: What Were We Thinking returns to the wild randomness of the early days of Smash Up. By combining this expansion with your Smash Up sets, will you take Zombie Rock Stars against Explorer Dinosaurs? What about Time Travelling Grannies versus Teddy Bear Vampires?

It’s all possible now! All your dreams can finally come true! Smash Up: What Were We Thinking also marks the release of the 50th faction in this smash-hit line (haha, get it? Smash? Smash hit… yeah.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Explorers sounds pretty neat. I like the idea of incentivizing being the first to place on a base.

The other three factions leave me very uninterested, unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Explorers sounds pretty neat. I like the idea of incentivizing being the first to place on a base.

The other three factions leave me very uninterested, unfortunately.

Trust me, they are all good fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this real? If so, I'm back.

I have probably got more play out of Smash Up, between me and my son, than any other game I own.

I have everything expect for Smash Up Munchkin (which adds a mechanic that really does not interest me), Geeky Box (not a fan of celebrity arse-licking) and Cease and Desist (which had me ceasing and desisting Smash Up both because it felt too derivative, and because it was so overpriced compared to other expansions). The rest is all top-notch, including the much misunderstood Cthulhu deck. Tonight I even made the vampires work.

These new factions sound fab, suggesting a return to the quirkiness that makes Smash Up stand out. You sure you're not pulling my chain ? :)

That said, please don't charge the redonculous mark-up that you did for Cease and Desist. Bring it back in line with previous expansions and we're best friends all over again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Ha this set looks great. Crazy and weird smash ups. The heart of what Smash Up should be.

Man the good old days. Makes me wish I never retired from this game and these forums...

and then I remember I never wanted to retire but was forced into retirement due to having 0 friends who wanted to play this game *grumble* *grumble*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Dombrovsky
Ukraine
Kharkov
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is real. According to facebook https://www.facebook.com/smashuprules/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bet he's lots of fun at parties.
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one suffering expansion burn-out? AEG has been pumping out 2-3 of these a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cinderbike wrote:
Am I the only one suffering expansion burn-out? AEG has been pumping out 2-3 of these a year.

No, I am too. I got rid of my big geeky box, sold Monsters and Cthulu, and fit all the rest into the base box (I stopped at Pretty Pretty, so never got Munchkin and beyond). It's a good game, and I appreciate the options, but there's just too many factions for someone to ever hope to learn even most of them, without really dedicated playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johny D
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hope the factions are balanced and power creep was avoided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lariviere
msg tools
Smash up is not good for me. Aside from Munchkin Smash up I have bought every single one (Cease and desist in the mail) Sadly my friend count is very low. When I play Smash up it is far and few in between. I just wish i had more friends who are into Smash up or card game in general.

Its fun, Easy to set up, quick to play. I mean days I play smash we look at 3-4 matches in a few hours. If I am paying MTG, different story. Sure my buddies and I enjoy MTG and we have put a LOT of time into it but I dunno, I feel smash up is just different.

The only downfall smash up has is not a lot of interaction. That is why we like MTG. I like smash, my brother Likes smash up and it was by accident I discovered the game. I was looking for something to play and the guy behind the counter suggest Smash up, so I bought the game. Never regretted my decision to do so though it started collecting dust after for about a year.
I decided to pull it out and play a match with My brother and best friend, a few months later, I owned every set printed to that point (Munchkin was only coming out) The only one I did not buy was PPS which my brother bought at Comicon (And it is also his favorite expansion)

I am looking forward to this set. While none of teh favctions are all that appealing, just the idea of having teddy bears or grannies make me smile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler P
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
List of known cards in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Dombrovsky
Ukraine
Kharkov
Colorado
flag msg tools
rerere
From Facebook comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Czerniewski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also from the Smash Up FB page (copied to reddit by me):

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashup/comments/5o964t/want_to_fin...

If it gets enough votes, they'll start teasing art for the fall expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.