GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,551 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey Everyone!

I have the 1999 large box edition of Acquire (I got it used).

Unfortunately, mine has some serious wear issues (can't complain too much, at least I was able to find a copy while it was out of print.)

Additionally, one of the buildings is missing and so I have 2 of the large towers (Quantum) instead of a Quantum and Phoenix tower. Plus it was missing the money stock building sorting tray.

Anyway, I've been drooling over looking at the new 2016 version of Acquire.

I know there are some changes from prior versions.

I like that the bonuses now go to the top 3 shareholders instead of just the top 2.

I'm not sure I like the new board 10X10 in 2016 vs. 12X9 in 1999.

1999 12X9 (108 tiles)

2016 10X10 (100 tiles)

Besides being a bit smaller, the new board and tiles are not as easy to read as the old version. The text on the new board is just raised plastic, and the font on the tiles is hard to read compared to the 1999 version.

So here's my questions.

Can the new buildings from the 2016 version be used with the board and tiles of the 1999 version?

When you create a corporation (2 or more tiles) you create a corporation and put a building on those tiles to indicate it.

I'm thinking of getting the new version, to get the new stuff, but keeping my old board and tiles.

Will a building from the new 2016 version fit on the 1999 tiles?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ever get a response to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.