Popular Tags: [View All]
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
All the usual online stores were sold out before release, but did they actually ship their pre-orders out? I see a lot of threads about the game, but I don't know if those were all bought at FLGS or where?

Did anyone order from Amazon and receive it? I placed a pre-order on Amazon when they had it up for $30.00 that keeps showing me I'll get it today but I just spoke to them and they don't have any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Ahlstrøm Meyn Mathiassen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy and I am from Denmark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
All the usual online stores were sold out before release, but did they actually ship their pre-orders out? I see a lot of threads about the game, but I don't know if those were all bought at FLGS or where?

Did anyone order from Amazon and receive it? I placed a pre-order on Amazon when they had it up for $30.00 that keeps showing me I'll get it today but I just spoke to them and they don't have any.

Check this thread in "Discussing Retailers" that was originally posted here but then relocated elsewhere, because reasons.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1673440/amazon-screwed-me

Spoiler: you are not alone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
Additional spoiler: It will be quite a long wait if you're like me and have been frothing at the mouth to play since that first box pic leaked.

Personal spoiler: Although this is my second core set. I preordered ages ago but got impatient and found 1 of the 2 copies all my flgs got and had to pay 4 bux above msrp (never going there again)

Final spoiler: That was my last spoiler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
I didn't think I was alone, but I couldn't find the other thread.

I just wasn't even sure if copies had shipped from CoolStuff and the other OLGS but they apparently have, and it looks like NOBODY got their Amazon order which is odd, but whichever. I'm pretty sure FFG is making more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Childress
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I received my copy from CSI just two days ago. My condolences to those going through the Amazon debacle. I know it was killing me just waiting for the release date and watching the delivery day shift and change. Hopefully you all get sorted soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:

Someone thought they'd get it moved to the "correct" section "Discussing retailers." The proof that my placing it here was where it really belonged was that almost immediately another Amazon thread was started in this forum. I guess he's going to have to keep getting them moved.

PS, I finally got a notice from Amazon that my order isn't shipping. No ____ Sherlock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my Amazon notice too....
Says "in stock" date is now December 30th.....booooooo
I was hoping to take it with me on my upcoming vacation. Now I have to find something different. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I beginning to wonder did anyone in the US who ordered from Amazon get their order? Could Amazon not have gotten their shipment?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Barlow

Cleves
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you received an estimated date. I pre-ordered mine on Nov 1st and I just received my amazon delay in shipping your order email. Mine reads:

New estimated delivery date:
Not yet available. We'll e-mail you as soon as we have a delivery date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
avsfan wrote:
At least you received an estimated date. I pre-ordered mine on Nov 1st and I just received my amazon delay in shipping your order email. Mine reads:

New estimated delivery date:
Not yet available. We'll e-mail you as soon as we have a delivery date.

My email said that too but if you go to the product page it shows Dec 30th
https://www.amazon.com/Arkham-Horror-The-Card-Game/dp/B01L3Z...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neville Cope
msg tools
I got mine in the UK (and a work colleague did too), but that was pre-ordered

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also got my Amazon notification today. Boo.

At least we have it locked in for $30. It will get to me eventually I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Barlow

Cleves
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be careful with that. Take a look at the seller for the Dec 30 date on Amazon. Mine doesn't show the seller as Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to call Amazon and complain, just because I can...not that anything is going to happen. On the phone with them now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

Someone thought they'd get it moved to the "correct" section "Discussing retailers." The proof that my placing it here was where it really belonged was that almost immediately another Amazon thread was started in this forum. I guess he's going to have to keep getting them moved.

I find this thread and yours HIGHLY distracting and I am unable to continue my daily activities because of it. /jk

Protip for the thread: Cancel your amazon orders and order from FFG. They shipped my copy yesterday just 3 hours after I placed the order. They still have some in stock according to their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I dislike preordering games from Amazon for this reason. I have had this issue in the past where they take more orders than they can cover and they will always list that items will be back in stock by the end of the year even if they don't know when they will be restocked or if the restock will take longer than till the end of the year which is unhelpful. That said their support lines are not bad compared to many companies and I've gotten refunds before relatively easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Salay
United States
Berea
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bummer to see it happen but not surprised by it. This was going to be my 2nd set so not a huge loss. I'm sure I'll get it before Xmas. I guess Amazon didn't anticipate the damage till it was too late, especially at the 30 price point a couple of weeks back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:

Protip for the thread: Cancel your amazon orders and order from FFG. They shipped my copy yesterday just 3 hours after I placed the order. They still have some in stock according to their website.

I can pay list price, but I just can't handle their, I think, excessive shipping charges. $12.93 ground to California.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

I can pay list price, but I just can't handle their, I think, excessive shipping charges. $12.93 ground to California.

Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure people knew it was available outside of Amazon's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I also ended up cancelling my order with Amazon and ordered from FFG. They had a UPS tracking number out to me within an hour. No idea whether it's Amazon's fault or Asmodee's, but I'll stick with Cool Stuff or Miniature Market in the future for pre-orders.

Note: Shipping for 2 core sets was ~$15 to California for me, so only twice what Miniature Market would charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Yellow Meeple wrote:

Personal spoiler: Although this is my second core set. I preordered ages ago but got impatient and found 1 of the 2 copies all my flgs got and had to pay 4 bux above msrp (never going there again)

This was easily predicted 9 months ago.

But of course someone somewhere has a great FLGS, so that makes the behavior of all of the bad FLGS ok. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, no email and my order remains unshipped but indicates it will arrive "Tuesday?"

Not that I actually expect it will be here any sooner than the end of the year but why was it offered in the first place? At $30 plus free Prime shipping they had to know it would sell faster than the other online retailers or even FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
It magically appeared at my LGS today (and it HAD to be magic, because of the way they complain about their distributors). Of course, local prices are nutso, so I only got one core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Interesting, no email and my order remains unshipped but indicates it will arrive "Tuesday?"

Not that I actually expect it will be here any sooner than the end of the year but why was it offered in the first place? At $30 plus free Prime shipping they had to know it would sell faster than the other online retailers or even FFG.

It amazes me that Amazon couldn't count the number of pre-orders against the number of copies they themselves ordered from the distributor. I love Amazon, but I've learned my lesson too, no more game orders from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.