John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought MK a month or so ago and have been loving it, so I bought a copy of LL last night.

To my surprise (not), there are some serious component color inconsistencies.

Here is my rundown of issues:
- Enemy tokens are a cooler color, most pronounced on the brown tokens, but clear on Grey, White, Purple ones as well.
- The cards have a strange line pressed into the side, which distinguishes them from the base game
- The brown map tokens look to be a 3rd shade all together
- 3 Wound cards are more or less ripped along the top/bottom

Suffice to say, I'm not thrilled and I don't really know what my options are.

At minimum, I would need a new set of cards, brown map tiles, and most enemy tokens.

Is there any chance Wizkids will fulfill a replacement request if I put it in through their system or am I going to have to swallow this?

...or am I overly sensitive and someone who needs to calm down.yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blu_in_green wrote:
Is there any chance Wizkids will fulfill a replacement request if I put it in through their system or am I going to have to swallow this?

Well, if you want to know of the specific experiences the people had with the component replacement system I highly recommend reading some of the threads in this forum, the main forum and the one for Tezla.

Summarized: WizKids seems to manage to replace the components and some time point. Sometimes they don't send you everything you asked for.
And it is highly random when you get these components. They do not answer to any request in this regard. They will randomly send you something at some point.

I waited for my Mage Knight Board Game: Shades of Tezla Expansion replacement components for eight months. And at some point they just appeared without a warning.

Without the game being such a good solo game I would have never supported this company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is truly a maddening experience. I felt trepidation picking from the boxes at the store, just wondering if I might get a passable one. Seems like I ran out of luck this time...

I'd appreciate any other stories or recent experiences. I don't understand how so many publishers can get it right and one of the biggest (Wizkids) can get it so so wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
blu_in_green wrote:

There's no punishment for trying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The unfortunate truth is that regardless of whether or not you receive replacements, you are never going to get 100% color match on components. The (color) differences on the components you received are pretty representative of what I've seen from others and in my own sets. I think my Lost Legion deck may have had the "line" issue as well, but since I sleeve my cards it wasn't a problem for me.

All that said, there is no harm in trying to obtain replacements, especially for your card issues, but you should know going in that the process will probably take at least a couple months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you get replacements they aren't going to match. If you look closely you can tell the different components apart. The best solution is simply not to look closely. I agree that's not ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments everyone.

I just hate feeling screwed after spending what to me is good money on a game. Misery loves company...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.