BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Poor service from Asmodee customer support rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I bought an Asmodee game a month ago, first of all the components were of low quality, the card stock in particular is very very thin. The board looks like it will go very quickly too.

The worst part, some of the components were missing from the box. I logged a ticket with their support portal and received a response very quickly saying they would be happy to send out replacement parts. Fair enough I was happy with that and all seemed well.

That was a month ago, I am still waiting, the status of my request has gone unchanged since that first reply. From other posts on the forum it seemed that parts are normally sent out after a week, so after two weeks had passed I sent a polite mail to Asmodee asking when I could expect the parts. They said sorry normally we send out parts within a week, however we have been busy at FFG worlds, your ticket is now being processed and will be dispatched shortly.

Two weeks later and still no change in status, no parts dispatched, and no update from Asmodee.
So at this stage I have paid good money for a box of junk. I have sent another mail to Asmodee and am awaiting a reply.

Part of me still thinks "Oh don't worry it's only been a month", Or "just use components from another game" but why should board gamers have to put up with poor service ?
I can't imagine I would put up with buying a book with a chapter missing from the middle and having to make up my own story to fill in the gaps !
Or going to the cinema to see a film that ends when there is still 30 mins to go and being told, oh you can watch the rest in a couple of months.

Anyone else have issues with Asmodee customer support ? Or is this just a random one off ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pinter
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee sent me a part as soon as I requested one. I think I got it within 5 business days, but I can't remember now. It was for Colt Express, which is in stock everywhere so I would expect them to have parts.

Can you take it back to the store or did you buy it on a CC? Either of those entities may be able to help you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I've only ever dealt with them once, and my experience was completely the opposite.

Our son had broken one of the pegs holding a death star to its base in Rebellion, and when I asked if replacements could be ordered, they immediately offered to send one (and it arrived about a week later).

In the same request, I'd asked if replacement miniatures were available for Middle-Earth Quest, as I'd bought a copy second hand recently, but one figure was slightly damaged. They included that replacement in the same box.

So, both FFG games. And I received the replacements earlier this week.

Hope everything works out for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah from reading the forums that's what I expected, a fairly quick turn around. That's why I didn't take it back to the FLGS I bought it from. It was the only copy they had of it so I would have just got my money back.

As I was trying to support the FLGS I thought, I can wait a week or two.
If I had known it was going to turn out like this I would have taken it back and bought it online.

And yeah if Asmodee came back and said 'Sorry we don't have parts at the moment it may be a while' then I wouldn't have been happy but at least I would have known where I stand. At that point I probably could have taken it back and gotten my money back.

As they replied 'it's being processed now and will be dispatched shortly' I thought they were telling the truth and kept the game.

I doubt the game shop will take it back now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Interesting, thanks guys, Colt Express is Asmodee/Ludonaute as is my game (Lewis & Clarke), so I'll stay positive and hope it's a one off and I won't boycott Asmodee games as I was tempted too !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also try Esdevium here in the UK. They distribute and are owned by Asmodee and have sent me spare parts with great enthusiasm and alacrity in the past.

Support from the main Asmodee website I have found very hit and miss.

And failing that, return it to the store you bought it from. They can return it to Esdevium, refunds all round, no one loses out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean the components of your Lewis & Clark were of low quality?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yup, card stock is poor, very thin, had to put card condom's on them straight away. And the board looks like it will fall apart with multiple plays. It's not as sturdy as other games that's for sure. Which is a shame as the art is fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

"You could also try Esdevium here in the UK".

Good call, sent them an e-mail and they replied within ten minutes !
Hopefully they can help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
SuperJoeUK wrote:
I doubt the game shop will take it back now.

Game is faulty, according to the Sale of Goods Act they have to replace it, refund it or repair it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperJoeUK wrote:

"You could also try Esdevium here in the UK".

Good call, sent them an e-mail and they replied within ten minutes !
Hopefully they can help

I guess that makes ME SuperJoeUK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh yes . Thanks for the tip !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Discussing Retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Update - the parts arrived a week after contacting Esdevium

Now I know where to go if I have problems in future !!
Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff.

[His work as SuperJoe done, he changes back into disguise as mild-mannered forum poster Interociter.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.