Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone - for variety and scenario making, what sort of scale mapboards will work with this system? For example ASL/SL (SK#1 to 3) etc.

Just out of interest

thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Panzer with ASL maps, think they work fine.

I made some small changes that I thought necessary due to the change in scale (100m per hex to 40-50m per hex):
-Double spotting ranges
-Quick-march available for all terrain and for sections (they can move 2 hexes with it)
-Terrains (the ones that I remember)
--Hindrance terrains (like grains and orchards): -1/-5(AP/GP) per hex crossed
--Only the actual 'drawing' of the terrain blocks LOS, as in ASL

It worked OK, kinda liked it. Later I played some DaE small scenarios and it was cool.

-----------------------

Fighting Formations maps work perfectly. Did a fast conversion of a scenario and it worked great.

-----------------------

TCS maps are also kind of the same scale, but I think a little bigger (150-200m per hex, I think). But they are unusable as their hex size is too small, but can work in vassal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one time I ran an umpired PBEM of MBT, I used nothing but ASL boards, and it worked fine.

I was otherwise bone lazy and did not make any adjustments for scale and just did some fudging for ASL graphics to match MBT terrain types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you use ASL scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that is not possible with MBT until they come out with something more recent than WWII. Even the planned Korea module is too ancient for MBT.

I've been noticing over the past year or so that the scale of the game does not seem to impact the map design. ASL, MBT, Panzer, Soldiers (WEG), Combat Commander, Band of Brothers, etc. all seem to have roughly the same terrain spacing/density, especially when it comes to buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.