Evolution: Climate» Forums » General

Subject: Card confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Brock

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Kickstarted the Evolution Climate Change game, with the $6 add-on for the Evolution Rules and Cards. I received the game and didn't see the add-on Cards labeled as such, and so shuffled all the cards that came in the box together. Then I heard that I was supposed to throw away the Evolution cards (and that I would receive the Evolution Rules and a correct set of Evolution cards; which I have now received).

How can I tell which cards to throw away? Right now I think they are shuffled in with the Evolution Climate cards.

I've already played the game once and it was very fun, but now wonder if we played with an unbalanced, too large, combined deck.

Thank you for some clarification on this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have 177 trait cards for base game Climate, no more, no less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived in a large box containing:

1x shrink-wrapped Climate box
1x Promo-Pack III box
2x wrapped separate decks of cards
1x Evolution rules

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the 2x decks of cards that weren't inside the actual Climate game box are the ones you're talking about.

Also, you're not supposed to get rid of all of those cards, only the "half deck" of one of the traits (I think it was Ambush) that were extras due to a packing error by the fulfillment center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes! There should be 23 copies of the Carnivore trait and 7 copies of each other trait. As for the food numbers...

I can email you a spreadsheet with the correct numbers. Reach out to me via geekmail and I'll give you my personal email address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.