GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,458 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition): The Woodland Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wanderlust path cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john kim
Canada
flag msg tools
When u gain path cards in this scenario, do u also gain the path effect while in a corner board that isn't the woodlands?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, as you can never retain a path when leaving a region and moving to another region. And one only gets Paths when entering the Woodlands.

See rule book for Woodlands page 10...

"When a character enters the Woodland Region during
his turn, through any means, he must take one of
the three available faceup Paths when his movement
ends."

"When a character with a Path leaves a Region he
must discard his Path Card."

Edited do to improper interpretation of original question. Please see replies below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Christopher, I believe John is asking specifically about Path cards when playing with the Wanderlust scenario.

To answer you question, John, you do get the Path's general effect while in any Region. Though the Meeting with Destiny effect only triggers while in the Woodlands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't even need the Wanderlust Alternate Ending to get a Path outside the Woodland.
"Faerie Trod" is a Main Deck adventure card that can give you a Path. There are also some copies in the Woodland deck which can find their way into the Main Deck/Board through various means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
Christopher, I believe John is asking specifically about Path cards when playing with the Wanderlust scenario.

To answer you question, John, you do get the Path's general effect while in any Region. Though the Meeting with Destiny effect only triggers while in the Woodlands.

I am sorry for the misinformation then. I should work on my critical reading skills or ease back on multi-tasking I think. Once again I apologize, I try my best not to post erroneous information and/or answers as it does not help anyone. Thank you for pointing out my mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, Christopher. Your information was still quite accurate even if it wasn't pertinent to the question at hand. Still useful stuff to remember :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.