Hands in the Sea» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another (I know!) question about supply and battles etc rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manhattan Reject
United Kingdom
plymouth
flag msg tools
I have to admit the supply rules in this game have me flumuxxed. Just when I think I have got my head around them I do a loop and end up confused again! shake

The situation: Cathage controls all of Africa, Caralis and Nuoro. They also control Olbia but are under attack there by Rome whom also control Aleria.

The Roman fleet is in the Corsica / Sardinia Sea Zone, the Carthaginian fleet is not.

Can anyone help me with the two examples below;

1/ In the battle is Carthage able to play any swords to the battle? As I presume they are out of supply? I understand they cannot play ships due to the blocking effect of the Roman fleet, but does this fleet mean the whole of Corsica / Sardinia is out of supply for Carthage so they cannot re-inforce the battle at all?

2/ At the end of the round if the Roman fleet is in the Corsica / Sardinia sea zone does the Carthage fleet have to be there as well in order to gain victory points from the Islands? I presume so, and it was this that led to my confusion above.

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Manhattan Reject wrote:
I have to admit the supply rules in this game have me flumuxxed. Just when I think I have got my head around them I do a loop and end up confused again! shake

The situation: Cathage controls all of Africa, Caralis and Nuoro. They also control Olbia but are under attack there by Rome whom also control Aleria.

The Roman fleet is in the Corsica / Sardinia Sea Zone, the Carthaginian fleet is not.

Can anyone help me with the two examples below;

1/ In the battle is Carthage able to play any swords to the battle? As I presume they are out of supply? I understand they cannot play ships due to the blocking effect of the Roman fleet, but does this fleet mean the whole of Corsica / Sardinia is out of supply for Carthage so they cannot re-inforce the battle at all?

No, a player cannot reinforce a location that they cannot trace to a supply point (5.2.2). This is why Corsica-Sardinia is difficult to manage. You can't ignore it, but you don't want to overcommit to it, either, since it's easily knocked out of supply.

Quote:
2/ At the end of the round if the Roman fleet is in the Corsica / Sardinia sea zone does the Carthage fleet have to be there as well in order to gain victory points from the Islands? I presume so, and it was this that led to my confusion above.

Correct. You do not collect VP for out of supply locations (4.4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.