H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to own the old edition but ran into so many issues as a colorblind player that it contributed to my selling it. With this new edition, I wonder if it addressed all those issues and made it more friendly for us.

I am not interested in normal eyed people's thoughts on if they think it'll work well with colorblind players. I want to hear from colorblind players themselves who have experienced the game.

Some examples of issues I had: no idea the color of the "?" on some cards, not sure which dice go to which pile to be rolled (always counted the faces and then consulted a chart or had my roommate tell me), some symbol colors I believe, not sure of the coloration of backs of decks, and I think some other issues.

Does the new edition correct ALL of these?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
None of these have been changed in the new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pickle the Hutt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's unfortunate but I think it wouldn't be too hard to fix as long as you are willing to sleeve cards and mark the dice with a sharpie.

Sleeve adventure decks with different backed sleeves, put a note (on a piece of sticky paper) inside the sleeves for event cards to distinguish ? types, and mark the dice in any way that works for you.

Portal really should have done this itself, but the above fixes aren't too onerous (and aren't game changing at all) to hopefully allow everyone to enjoy a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty annoying. I usually depend on my teammates to just tell me what's going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.