BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: Bad health trackers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I bought Fate and War. My Fate health trackers, after assembling, hold together very tight. It's easy to spin the wheels around, but they stick to where they were.

Meanwhile my war trackers are very loose. So loose it's almost impossible to rotate force counter without changing value on health counter. This makes the spinners almost unusable. Touch the table too strong and the health value changes.

There's about 2mm of space total between spinner plates, meanwhile there's almost none in Fate version. Is it normal for War box, or is my version just broken?

I'm asking, since my Fate box has quite a few problems with components(there's no #2 on Grasp, one of advanced characters is listed as Basic on the card holder, some of characters have missing items in "full set" section in the fighter book and so on). In both boxes card holders were tangled up a lot, but I guess they are not important, since they are not used in game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Areinu wrote:
Yesterday I bought Fate and War. My Fate health trackers, after assembling, hold together very tight. It's easy to spin the wheels around, but they stick to where they were.

Meanwhile my war trackers are very loose. So loose it's almost impossible to rotate force counter without changing value on health counter. This makes the spinners almost unusable. Touch the table too strong and the health value changes.

There's about 2mm of space total between spinner plates, meanwhile there's almost none in Fate version. Is it normal for War box, or is my version just broken?

I'm asking, since my Fate box has quite a few problems with components(there's no #2 on Grasp, one of advanced characters is listed as Basic on the card holder, some of characters have missing items in "full set" section in the fighter book and so on). In both boxes card holders were tangled up a lot, but I guess they are not important, since they are not used in game.

AFAIK, all of this is "normal" unfortunately. It's quite easy to fix the spinners, though: just put another layer of -- whatever -- around each axis. With me, an old credit-card-type-thing, cut up so it fit in the spinners, and with holes punched in (to hold the axis) did the thing beautifully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the idea, it kind of works now. I guess that's enough.

I don't really care about most of the stuff. Missing #2? No prob, I have enough bases from War. Some mistakes in "full set" section? I sorted it once and it's not a problem anymore.

The only another thing that is bothering me is Thessalla's board. I have to find some smaller tokens, unless someone made PnP bigger board. I already have 2 PnP characters from devastation(the ones that are in free demo), so I'm not afraid to mix PnP into my stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Areinu wrote:
The only another thing that is bothering me is Thessalla's board. I have to find some smaller tokens, unless someone made PnP bigger board. I already have 2 PnP characters from devastation(the ones that are in free demo), so I'm not afraid to mix PnP into my stuff

Yeah, I've thought about just copying it to, say, 200% size, but haven't done so yet. Also, there may be a file of Thessala's board around, somewhere... not quite sure whether there was or whether I just wished there was -- Right now, my solution is to use some small "crystals" from Ascension (same as are in Ghost Stories: White Moon and probably a gazillion other games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can find Thessala Three's evolution board at good resolution on the wiki:
http://indines.wikia.com/wiki/Thessala_Three
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link. I'll try printing this, or red gems from Conan, or small tokens from another game. Those red gems are so shiny and cool...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.