Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're nine days past the election, and today we have:

A visit by the Prime Minister of Japan.

A Trump supporter on Fox News describing how we should build off the success of one of our historical atrocities, the Japanese Interment Camps

And liaisons to the Japanese Prime Minister telling him that he should not take the words of President-Elect Trump literally.

I'm struggling. Let's imagine Hillary was genuinely as bad as every conservative in RSP said she was. Full on pay-for-play, email deletions are felonious, what have you. How is this better? In what way is this better leadership?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doc Mage wrote:

A Trump supporter on Fox News describing how we should build off the success of one of our historical atrocities, the Japanese Interment Camps

And liaisons to the Japanese Prime Minister telling him that he should not take the words of President-Elect Trump literally.

I'm struggling. Let's imagine Hillary was genuinely as bad as every conservative in RSP said she was. Full on pay-for-play, email deletions are felonious, what have you. How is this better? In what way is this better leadership?

How about you let us know AFTER he is actually sworn in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

How about you let us know AFTER he is actually sworn in.

Why would I do that? He's already influencing foreign policy in an official capacity, he's meeting with heads of state, and his words can't be taken literally?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just Google-foo'd to see if DJT has any properties in Japan and it looks like he doesn't... so fuckem' anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, so random Trump supporter on Foxnews is going to accurately portray Trumps actual position?

Oh yeah, SJW media faux outrage now counts as future presidential policy.
Let me know when Trump actually says hes going to re institute internment camps, so we can officially change Trumps party to Democrat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Wait, so random Trump supporter on Foxnews is going to accurately portray Trumps actual position?

Oh yeah, SJW media faux outrage now counts as future presidential policy.
Let me know when Trump actually says hes going to re institute internment camps, so we can officially change Trumps party to Democrat.

Surrogates are different than supporters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Trump doesn't accurately portray his own positions so, sure, why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't have to be Trump's actual position. We have a person on a national television network saying to a visiting head of state,
"Hey remember that time we illegally incarcerated everyone who shares your ancestry? Yeah that worked out for us, we might build off that example."

There's really no justification at all for a pro-Japanese internment camp position. It's as close to an unarguable fuckup as this country has ever had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doc Mage wrote:
It doesn't have to be Trump's actual position. We have a person on a national television network saying to a visiting head of state,
"Hey remember that time we illegally incarcerated everyone who shares your ancestry? Yeah that worked out for us, we might build off that example."

There's really no justification at all for a pro-Japanese internment camp position. It's as close to an unarguable fuckup as this country has ever had.

Well let us know when it happens, so we can affiliate Trump with the proper party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Doc Mage wrote:

I think blacks and Indians could probably come up with a couple of additional examples of unarguable fuck-ups by the US.

I didn't vote for Trump, and agree he's a dipshit. But Jesus, you people need to stop going into hysterics until the man actually does something. The Bannon thing? Pile on. Meeting the Japanese premier when the guy happens to be in town? Chill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

I think blacks and Indians could probably come up with a couple of additional examples of unarguable fuck-ups by the US.

I didn't vote for Trump, and agree he's a dipshit. But Jesus, you people need to stop going into hysterics until the man actually does something. The Bannon thing? Pile on. Meeting the Japanese premier when the guy happens to be in town? Chill.

It's not the meeting. It's that we have heads of state visiting us being told "Don't listen to what the President-Elect tells you, it doesn't reflect anything that's actually happening with our government."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

Well let us know when it happens, so we can affiliate Trump with the proper party.

Missed out that part where Trump could not say that rounding up US Citizens of Japanese was not justified, or is this just another unpleasant fact your refusing to let impinge upon that alt right lizard brain of yours

www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/megyn-kelly-shut-down-trump-04470..." rel="nofollow">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/megy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

Missed out that part where Trump could not say that rounding up US Citizens of Japanese was not justified, or is this just another unpleasant fact your refusing to let impinge upon that alt right lizard brain of yours

www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/megyn-kelly-shut-down-trump-04470..." rel="nofollow">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/megy...

Oooh, resorting to insults.
Is this what the Alt Left does?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who told him "Don't listen to what Trump tells you?"

I see where he was told not to take the campaign rhetoric literally.

And again, it's unfortunate what someone on TV says.
But what did anyone in actual government, or on Trumps team say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doc Mage wrote:

I guess I'm not seeing anything you viewed (seem to be as) "bad"....?

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

Ferret

Which is more a sad commentary on that swamp you call a value system than anything else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

Ferret

So to be clear... you are explicitly pro-Japanese internment camp?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Doc Mage wrote:

So people who are not Trump state things about foreign policy, and somehow these are automatically Trump's positions? Well ok!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

So people who are not Trump state things about foreign policy, and somehow these are automatically Trump's positions? Well ok!

What in the holy fuck

Quote:
sur·ro·gate
ˈsərəɡət,ˈsərəˌɡāt/
noun
a substitute, especially a person deputizing for another in a specific role or office.
"she was regarded as the surrogate for the governor during his final illness"
synonyms: substitute, proxy, replacement; More
(in the Christian Church) a bishop's deputy who grants marriage licenses.
a judge in charge of probate, inheritance, and guardianship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Terwox wrote:

Quote:
sur·ro·gate
ˈsərəɡət,ˈsərəˌɡāt/
noun
a substitute, especially a person deputizing for another in a specific role or office.

Try this next time: Print in a size that's readable. And then show some facts about the surrogates. I don't know these people, and I don't even know if Trump knows them.

Are you interested in winning arguments at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Thoughtful conservatives posting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Terwox wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

What in the holy fuck

Quote:
sur·ro·gate
ˈsərəɡət,ˈsərəˌɡāt/
noun

Dude, you're expecting logic here? They don't even believe words when they come out of Jesus Trump's mouth, let alone one of his surrogates or transition team's mouth. It's always that he wasn't serious, he was joking, or the media putting words in his mouth. You need to go find your Trump sycophant to English dictionary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

What was Carl being interviewed for/about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

What in the holy fuck

Quote:
sur·ro·gate
ˈsərəɡət,ˈsərəˌɡāt/
noun

Dude, you're expecting logic here? They don't even believe words when they come out of Jesus Trump's mouth, let alone one of his surrogates or transition team's mouth. It's always that he wasn't serious, he was joking, or the media putting words in his mouth. You need to go find your Trump sycophant to English dictionary.

I'm fully convinced you neither know or understand what I believe.

You were talking about me, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
she2 wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

What in the holy fuck

Quote:
sur·ro·gate
ˈsərəɡət,ˈsərəˌɡāt/
noun

I'm fully convinced you neither know or understand what I believe.

You were talking about me, right?

Pretty sure it says SUPPORTER in the OP and there is no link to anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.