Defense Grid: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Draft v0.5 of Rules for Defense Grid the Board Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Yea! We just completed our first big draft of our rules for Defense Grid the Board Game! While I am waiting for BGG admins to approve the file here, I wanted to share it with everyone.

These are far from final, but they should give you a good idea of how to play the game.

As always, we are looking for any feedback you may have about the rules.

Thanks and have a great day!

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlF1YaA0uk9vnbdfs8KNf8hBZ6ivnA

Anthony Hanses
Forged by Geeks LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henni Lemmi
msg tools
Hi there,

I'm very excitet about the game and realy look forward to play the first round next year

I read through the 0.5 Manual and think its already very good. Allthought it's not finished. I realy like the Artwork and Layout!

Here are the points that bothered me a little:

________
Page 4 Upgrade Towers Level 2 -> Maybe add: (50% chance of +1 Damage with the silver die)

Page 5 "Shields are a bit of a different animal." -> Is that realy an english saying? Sounds a bit strange to me (Also: "Thank the Raspberries" on Page 6)

Page 6, Player Actions Phase 1) "Spend the 4 build resources it costs and place it in the Hex identified below." -> Is there an Image missing below? Where to place the Hex?
Ok, there are definetly pictures missing, since in the "Return Cores Phase" its also unclear where to put stuff.

Page 6, Player Actions Phase 3) -> This is the first time you mention that the palyer gets build resources for killing an enemy. Maybe also mention that in the "Core Rules" section?

Page 7 Typo: "lowly swarmer" instead of "lonely swarmer"

-> Great Turoial! I realy enjoyed reading it. On top of that: All my Questions I had while reading where explained some sentences later =) (e.g.: i wondered what happens if a swarmer moves to the core and has some moves remainig)

Page 10 Team Missions Setup "Setup the mission as normal, but instead of placing all of the aliens randomly in every space." -> That sentence is not finished, or?
________

I realy like the idea of the Team Missions and the leveling of the AI's =)
There is definetly the potential for my game of the year 2017! I'm a huge fan of Tower Defense games for PC and always wondered if there are any good board games with this theme.

Keep up the work! I'm looking forward to see some updates in the Future!

Greetings
Hendrik

Edit: English is not my mother tongue, please be gentle with all the misspelled words and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Yea, the flavor text is pretty bad. My wife is a novelist on the side, so I am going to try and work with her to re-write it all

Love the clarification for Page 4, will work on that in the next update.

The Tutorial Map isn't in the rules yet, so a lot of things referencing that is hard to follow right now. I am working on finalizing the new map tiles using the art we got from a pro. Once I have that, I will assemble the map for it.

Good call on mentioning more in the Core Rules section. We got the same feedback on Facebook and plan to add a couple pages to do so.

Sorry about page 10 error. That's what I get for writing at 3am haha. It should say something along the lines of... "Setup the mission as normal, but instead place aliens randomly in all spaces using the same rules as you placed aliens in the random spaces in the normal wave boards." That needs some tweaking yet, but should cover the general idea.

Thanks for the praise! We hope we can deliver on the promise and meet your expectations of an awesome TD board game.

Honestly, your English was great. I never would have guessed you were non-native speaker until you mentioned it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.