10 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Double Minion - shipping this wave? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmb
Just a question for MMIndy and those who might know or be able to help...

I'm not all that bothered when I get my stuff in the EU (I'm likely done with Myth for now) but I had another person piggyback on my Pledge Manager as he missed the KS and still wanted the game.

He went for double-minion - now I know we're only getting the core boxes now, but if we ordered double or triple, we're ultimately due two or three sets right? Do they come:

a) now or
b) with the rest of the stretch goals whenever that is?

Because if it's b), my friend isn't going to get his stuff now. Which kind of sucks for him really.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a reply from Brian that they had an issue with double pledges, they 'didn't get the list' or some such. They are working on resolving it. As such, you might only get one but they are aware that if you are to get two or more then you will get the other one.

I'm unsure how they are handling shipping, if they will ship them asap or if they will wait until wave...uh...three?

Quote:
We are aware of extra pledge issue. It appears the PM didn't give us the names of the people with extra pledges. We are in the process of working this out. Once we receive the download (should be this week) we'll get it taken care of. -Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
happycatmachine wrote:
I received a reply from Brian that they had an issue with double pledges, they 'didn't get the list' or some such. They are working on resolving it. As such, you might only get one but they are aware that if you are to get two or more then you will get the other one.

I'm unsure how they are handling shipping, if they will ship them asap or if they will wait until wave...uh...three?

Quote:
We are aware of extra pledge issue. It appears the PM didn't give us the names of the people with extra pledges. We are in the process of working this out. Once we receive the download (should be this week) we'll get it taken care of. -Brian

Kelly - wasn't this just a US issue with Kable's distribution? That's what I thought, anyhow. Based on Marcus' observation this now appears to be a global issue. That really stinks for those who double/triple pledged. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was not just a US issue, I ordered two pledges (one for a friend) and only received one of each JM expansion. Brian's reply to a message I sent last week is informative:

"We are aware of this issue. It appears the PM didn't give us the names of the people with extra pledges. We are in the process of working this out. Once we receive the download (should be this week) we'll get it taken care of.

I am going to talk about this in the update this week."

Sounds like they plan to rectify this in short order, as opposed to pushing it to future wave. I hope so, after all We did we pay shipping for both pledges to be sent .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
This was not just a US issue, I ordered two pledges (one for a friend) and only received one of each JM expansion. Brian's reply to a message I sent last week is informative:

"We are aware of this issue. It appears the PM didn't give us the names of the people with extra pledges. We are in the process of working this out. Once we receive the download (should be this week) we'll get it taken care of.

I am going to talk about this in the update this week."

Sounds like they plan to rectify this in short order, as opposed to pushing it to future wave. I hope so, after all We did we pay shipping for both pledges to be sent .

That's an unfortunate oversight on McG's part. Tough to blame the shippers when this happened all over the world.

Given the situation, I have no doubt they will take care of this. Still, I empathize with those folks who ordered multiple pledges and expected to see those in this wave. Bummer. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that wave 3 is still just a sparkle in Brian/Kenny's eye, I'm pretty hopeful we'll get the missing expansions shipped out within the next month or two. It'd cost them a fortune to sit on that inventory for however many innumerable months it's going to take them to actually produce wave 3.

That is, assuming that the screw-up didn't actually happen prior to production, so that they are short on stock because they never took double or triple pledges into account during printing. That's my nightmare scenario zombiezombiezombie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
breegull wrote:
Given that wave 3 is still just a sparkle in Brian/Kenny's eye, I'm pretty hopeful we'll get the missing expansions shipped out within the next month or two.

Yeah, I think you're correct here.

breegull wrote:
It'd cost them a fortune to sit on that inventory for however many innumerable months it's going to take them to actually produce wave 3.

It would definitely be a cost they weren't planning on for sure. I suppose it all depends on how many folks double/triple pledged though. Plus they have some holdback inventory for their website and damages.

breegull wrote:
That is, assuming that the screw-up didn't actually happen prior to production, so that they are short on stock because they never took double or triple pledges into account during printing. That's my nightmare scenario zombiezombiezombie.

I suppose that's possible, but I see that as pretty unlikely. I suspect, for whatever reason, the order information sent to the distributors simply had a single order quantity (one copy of each expansion). While it appears the blame is being placed on the PM, I'd suggest a simple check of the data before sending to distributors would have caught this pretty quickly. Especially since the PM data was corrupted at one point - I'd think a check of the data would have been prudent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Multiple pledges have the problem of being separated entries. Not only are the additional pledges a separate line item, they are a composite line item that contains more than just BW and SK. I'm guessing the sheets were accurate, but the information on what the additional pledge line actually meant was the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmb
When dealing with MCG, assuming the worst usually pays off.

I think Einstein said something along these lines, that the only two things that were infinite were the universe and MCG's incompetence, and he wasn't sure about the universe...

I'm pretty sure that it would be screwed up somehow, but thanks for confirming this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty baffled how they haven't even started the moulding process yet. Not going to see Wave 3 for a very long time. Then I get annoyed when I think that they've finished production on two kickstarters after this one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.