Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Remove one or more figures from the Army of the Dead to move it up to an equal number of regions.
Then, you may eliminate one figure from the Army of the Dead to attack a Shadow Army in an adjacent region, rolling three dice and scoring a hit for each result of 4+. You may repeat the attack multiple times. At the end of the last attack, the Shadow Army must retreat, if possible.

Can the FP ignore the first sentence if they don't want to move the Army of the Dead (or the Army is already adjacent to a Shadow Army)?

Quote:
If a Companion is in a battle, discard "Majesty and Glory" at the start of the battle to prevent the Shadow player from playing a Combat Card or calling to battle a Faction for the duration of the battle.

Can I consider calling to battle a Faction as playing a Call to Battle card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1. I don't think this is explicitly stated anywhere, but implied in how rules for Ares' WotR line of games are written: when a card or action states "move and attack" (see p.13 Using the Dead Men) the moving part is optional. (If memory serves, I think Krieghund may have made this point in the Battle of Five Armies forum.)

2. The underlined phrase refers to playing a Call to Battle card (though now you have me picturing the Shadow player leaning over his faction figures and shouting TO BATTLE at them in as deep a voice as possible ...)

Edit: ninja'd by the man himself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks, both guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.