Subject: Best Ryan Laukat game ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi boys and girls,
Today I saw a review on Islebound and it looked really good, then i found out on Ryan Laukat. It seems his games are really good and I dont know which one to pick.

Can you recommend which and why ? I usually play in 2-5 player count, light to heavy games. My favortie mechanics are deck builder and area control.

Thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
kushnir wrote:
Hi boys and girls,
Today I saw a review on Islebound and it looked really good, then i found out on Ryan Laukat. It seems his games are really good and I dont know which one to pick.

Can you recommend which and why ? I usually play in 2-5 player count, light to heavy games. My favortie mechanics are deck builder and area control.

Thank you !

For area control, i really like his Eight-Minute Empire (i like the original more than the sequel). 2-5 players, plays super-quick, light on rules, but has interesting decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Squidpigge
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Eight-Minute Empire and really had a good time playing Above and Below. It is a game I would like to try out a few more times, but the story aspect is really fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
His best game is always the next one coming out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Thomas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Above and Below without a doubt. Great mechanics, great strategy puzzle, cute little story telling, fun press your luck, tons of replayability, gorgeous art, easy to remember the rules if you don't play for awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Themis Dakanalis
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
Game Design Theory Lover !!!
badge
Wild Board Gamer !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Near and Far!!! Take a look here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6kpb9sddxczgwh/nearandfar_ruleboo... !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan's artwork is always so beautiful, but my personal favourite of those I've played is Eight-Minute Empire: Legends, a short (20min) area control game that's not too mean and has a moderate amount of strategy.

I've not played Above and Below, but hear good things about it, as well as Islebound.

I didn't enjoy The Ancient World (too mean) and City of Iron didn't really seem like my thing.

Dingo's Dreams (by Alf Seegert, art and everything else by Ryan) is a simple bingo-like game to fill in 10 minutes between other games, or courses at dinner. Not at all complicated, but a quick filler with beautiful art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any other recommendations ? I think I'll get 8 minute empire but i would like also to get a big box game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I skipped over 8 minute empire and went straight to Eight-Minute Empire: Legends. If you don't mind a four player cap, I think it's a pretty awesome game. I enjoy it more than Above and Below, which I also like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.