Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Best-Online-Retailers [+] [View All]
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering if anyone here has ordered something from Toad and Troll and, if so, how was your shopping experience? I am considering shopping through them and I would love feedback first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered, had a boo-boo on the order (they shipped the wrong thing) and they did a great job of fixing the mistake with no muss and no fuss. I have subsequently ordered additional items from them with no problems. Recommended!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dubin
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PKDuke wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone here has ordered something from Toad and Troll and, if so, how was your shopping experience? I am considering shopping through them and I would love feedback first.

I have had good experiences with them, both through the mail, and face to face. And on one occasion I needed to resolve a minor dispute: a game arrived in slightly damaged condition, and we successfully negotiated a reasonable credit.

You'll hear complaints about some of the prices they're asking. But assuming I was willing to pay their asking price, I would not hesitate to do business with them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you found them to be prompt about getting things out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and very responsive to email questions as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of their prices seem, oh how would you put it, opportunistic perhaps? Others are very reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Jones
United States
Newton Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have dealt with them in person and by mail, with excellent results. I also had the experience of bidding against them on a few items at the GenCon auction last year, even winning one.

As far as their prices go, the expensive items they sell are usually the expected rare, grail, and sealed games. They serve the same purpose to collectors that stamp, coin, comic, etc. dealers do with high end collectibles. If you want that sealed copy of Up Front and don't feel like waiting another 20 years to find one at your local thrift store they will certainly help.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Toad and Troll rocked! There was an overcharge on a multiple order I had sumbitted and they took care of it without a fuss. My Paypal account was credited and I have since ordered from them again. I would recommend them. Excellent customer service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario
Croatia
Samobor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their international service is OK also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dario, I have found their international service to be good. I have ordered 3 times from them, for 3 separate items (Jambo, Battle Line, and the Games Quarterly magazine with the Carcassonne expansion). They may not be the cheapest (certainly their postage costs are not the most competetive), but I know the items will reach me and that is most important for me. I have seen their prices raising eyebrows, but I have been very happy with the service and the items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Johnson
United States
Seguin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have placed two orders with them. Both were handled without a hitch, and shipped quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hoot
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
Hello,

We have used them several times and never had any problems with them.

Aaron and Stacy Hoot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
High Level
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I used Troll and Toad recently for an order and they were very fast to ship and the cost for the group of games I ordered was pretty much near the lowest around that I could find. Shipping costs from the US to overseas is high but that's pretty much unavoidable nowadays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls