Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As of this writing, what information do we have (if any) about a third expansion?

If no information is available, what does your gamer's intuition tell you regarding this topic? Do you think we'll get one?

I finally got around to ordering the base set and BfZ from Amazon last week and I'll pick up SoI eventually. I'm glad to hear that SoI has added a legitimate deck customization aspect to the game, and I'm hoping we'll see more customization aspects in future expansions. But the publishers can be fickle and the fans of a particular game want isn't necessarily what the game's publisher intends to produce.

So what additional elements for this game can we expect to get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I REALLY hope they introduce common troops.
It is odd that they are referenced from the very beginning but have yet to appear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point I just want individual squads. I think it's beyond hope for any terrain packs, so it would be nice to focus on the squad building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know I am in the minority, but I like not having common squads. It means I only have to buy two of each set to make all the combos for a two player game and the combos do not become stupidly overpowered - ie when the 4th Mass came out and quickly armies became Valiant mobile turrets.

So for me, another Innastrad sized release would be ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fastbilly1 wrote:
I know I am in the minority, but I like not having common squads. It means I only have to buy two of each set to make all the combos for a two player game and the combos do not become stupidly overpowered - ie when the 4th Mass came out and quickly armies became Valiant mobile turrets.

Agreed, although I would like to see more plastic terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:

Agreed, although I would like to see more plastic terrain.

If they did another Innastrad size box, that had only 3 or 4 boards (since they seem to want most to be standalone), they would have a good deal of space for terrain and whatever else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall that Innistrad was pretty packed and it did come with just 4 boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I want more, but I feel like they would have announced a small expansion by now if they had plans for one. It seemed like an August/Feb release schedule was likely but the announcement window is closing for that idea. I haven't seen Innistrad in a store. Ever. Just a bunch of core sets at wall mart and some Zendikar boxes at Barnes and Noble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
doctor poo wrote:
I haven't seen Innistrad in a store. Ever. Just a bunch of core sets at wall mart and some Zendikar boxes at Barnes and Noble.

Have you looked in any game stores? Both of my FLGSs have it in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I bought my Innistrad with a coupon at barnes & nobles. They had a few of them there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
doctor poo wrote:
I haven't seen Innistrad in a store. Ever. Just a bunch of core sets at wall mart and some Zendikar boxes at Barnes and Noble.

Have you looked in any game stores? Both of my FLGSs have it in stock.

We have two game stores, only one sells Arena of Planeswalkers. Sadly, he has ten copies of the base game and first expansion that seemingly never move. That's probably why he never bothered ordering the Innistrad set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The next big MTG set is based around Nicol Bolas a massive dragon planeswalker and the "ultimate evil" in the MTG universe, I think its a safe bet there will be a set for his return. he will probably be a 1-vs-many scenario like the Eldrazi as he is a bit of a towering titan himself. And the plane that he will apear on is ancient Egyption based so I reckon this will be a perfect time to add in some new units that havent had mechanics retro fitted into 3D combat and could add new depth to the game...either that or give us enough plastic terrain to build a pyramid, either way I will be happy lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
badmike01 wrote:
Nicol Bolas ... I think its a safe bet there will be a set for his return.

This is just your own speculation, right? Or do you have concrete information from Hasbro that you're basing this on? (Other than the fact that a new MTG set will be coming out.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen any news yet. But for the last two expansion, they have been in the same universe as the MtG blocks. Since there was no announcement yet, I'm guessing there wont be an AotP-Kaladesh. Does anyone know what the next MtG block is after Kaladesh? That would be a good place to start looking... Fingers crossed for a Phyrexian/Mirrodin AotP edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they follow the 2nd release of each Magic block like they did this year, we should get expansions in February and August.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
If they follow the 2nd release of each Magic block like they did this year, we should get expansions in February and August.

Yeah, but if they're releasing in February I think they'd have announced it by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doctor poo wrote:
quozl wrote:

Yeah, but if they're releasing in February I think they'd have announced it by now.

That's kinda what I thought.

BfZ was announced at Essen for a January release but the Amazon pre-order was already live at this point and copies started shipping around the beginning of December.

Hell, at this point last year, we already knew about the SoI expansion because of a reference to the pre-order for it on the Universal Distribution website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
There's been a lot of speculation that the game is dead.

I certainly hope that's not the case, but... well, we haven't heard anything to the contrary yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christo Lockxxx
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
As much as another full expansion would be awesome, I am thinking that at a minimum, a quarterly expansion deck of cards - say, 6 of each colour with potential gold cards (or whatever the multi-coloured MTG cards are called)would maintain energy on this game. Deck building and looking for creative synergy is the fun part of MtG for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Almost December, and no news yet.

I'm pretty worried about this game's future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan folsom
msg tools
fastbilly1 wrote:

Though I'm a longtime Heroscape player, I too am glad that commons haven't yet appeared in this game. It reminds me of when all we had was the Rise of the Valkyrie master set and Orm's Return, and that was all kinds of fun.

Is the game going to continue? That's nobody's business but the Turks, but with CVN having left Hasbro to form Soaring Rhino, it's not looking good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
nate the dawg wrote:
... CVN having left Hasbro to form Soaring Rhino, it's not looking good.

A salient point.

On the upside, it should be fun to see what comes out of Soaring Rhino.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Meyer
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
If you're looking for more terrain pieces, buy some Heroscape stuff. It's the exact same pieces.
In fact, all the numbers (build points, attack, defense, health, etc.) are calculated to be perfectly compatible with all the scads of Heroscape stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Pirotoni wrote:
If you're looking for more terrain pieces, buy some Heroscape stuff. It's the exact same pieces.
In fact, all the numbers (build points, attack, defense, health, etc.) are calculated to be perfectly compatible with all the scads of Heroscape stuff.

Heh... I'm actually coming at it from the reverse perspective- hoping to get affordable and easily obtainable Heroscape stuff by way of AtoP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
I hope the game continues, but the sales we've been seeing make me wonder if this game has sold enough to warrant it. I posted this observation elsewhere...

I love a good deal but seeing how cheap the core game got ($9.80 at Target) and with Zendikar being only $4.98 (I paid 5.09 yesterday) on Amazon one wonders...

1- How cheap will Innistrad get?

2- Is Hasbro selling enough of these to make continued support of the game possible?

At this point I'm just waiting to see if how cheap Innistrad will get and hoping it gets cheap enough to justify getting two as I have for the others.

After that I'll still hope for more, but won't be heartbroken if that's all we get. Two of each of those plus the small batch of heroscape terrain I've been able to find (this stuff is getting expensive!) should be enough for lots of gaming with my kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.