Subject: New Stretch Goals have been announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
13- $230,000 - Two more Player Aid booklets
There will now be 4 player aid books included with the game.

14 - $260,000 - A 12-card Start-Up Pack
The purpose of these cards is to give direction for inexperienced players to pursue. They can also be used to give a slight advantage to new players when they play with experienced players.

15 - $300,000 - Spot UV Varnish on the box
This is a special printing technique that applies a clear varnish to specific areas of the box, giving them a slightly raised and glossy appearance.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002188924/lisboa-vital...

EDIT:

Even more goals announced!

16 - $325,000 - Goods tray within they tray
For easier storing and sorting the Goods tokens, this is an extra tray (or two) that will next within the insert itself

17 - $350,000 - Decree Display Board
This will display all the decrees fro easier organization and viewing

18 - $375,000 - Public Building randomizer tiles
14 Reward tokens to be placed on the store spaces to randomize the goods/rewards printed on the board

19 - $400,000 - Store randomizer tiles
24 Reward tokens to be placed on the public construction spaces to randomize the goods/rewards printed on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wished that one of the Stretch Goals were the metal coins. Or make that an exclusive to KS. That would certainly differentiate the KS supporter version from the retail version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Other than the 10s, those particular coins are already readily available on the EGG website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that's true and I can get them for cheaper at the Canadian International partner for a decent price.

I was thinking that it would be great for our friends across the ocean in Europe and other parts of the world where it isn't readily available for financially feasible to upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabralicus wrote:
Yes that's true and I can get them for cheaper at the Canadian International partner for a decent price.

I was thinking that it would be great for our friends across the ocean in Europe and other parts of the world where it isn't readily available for financially feasible to upgrade.

But they're not even Lisboa coins. They're metal coins from Brass Deluxe. I'm happy to use my Viticulture coins instead. I keep them in tubs on the table for general use anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaltmanJ wrote:
But they're not even Lisboa coins. They're metal coins from Brass Deluxe. I'm happy to use my Viticulture coins instead. I keep them in tubs on the table for general use anyway.

Those Viticulture coins are amazing! They look incredible, have a nice heft, and are easy to handle. Definitely worth having a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After I realized they were coins from Brass, I decided I don't need them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
After I realized they were coins from Brass, I decided I don't need them

You're welcome!

I think I am going to 2 or maybe 3 sets from BoardGameBliss. For Panamax, Brass and maybe Lisboa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The brass metal coins are forbidden in Germany (to similar to real money). I don't know what's the case in other european countries. I also would prefer individual lisboa coins (for example with the português cross) than generic coins without character.

Spieleschmiede (German crowd funding) is researching if they can add other coins (that would be allowed in Germany) as an add on for lisboa. But for 200-300 backer they will not create cool specific coins,.. whistle

I'm really excited how the UV print will look like. Does anybody knows other games with this printing technique?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's interesting LightRebel, I did not know that. I did a quick Google search and pillows are also amongst weird things that are banned in Germany as pillows can be considered passive weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRebel wrote:
The brass metal coins are forbidden in Germany (to similar to real money).

I do not believe this. Why should these coins be banned when I can legally bring real money from ~200 other countries to Germany?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
MetalPirate wrote:
LightRebel wrote:

I do not believe this. Why should these coins be banned when I can legally bring real money from ~200 other countries to Germany?

I've heard it before, so it wasn't strange for me when I hear it form Spieleschmiede.

Source 1: Spieleschmiede said it in the comment section of the lisboa campaign.
Quote: " Nein, die wären verboten in D (Zahlen drauf, rund, Verwechslungsgefahr mit echter Währung). Wir arbeiten aber schon an einem Plan für eine Alternative mit den Münzenmachern unseres Vertrauens."

Source 2: Wikipedia's definition what's allowed.
Quote: "
In Deutschland darf Spiegeld laut einer gesetzlichen Verordnung dem tatsächlichen Geld in Form und Farbe und Bezeichnung in keiner Weise ähnlich sehen, bei Scheinen muss der Schriftzug „SPIELGELD“ aufgedruckt sein, um einer Verwechselungsgefahr vorzubeugen.

Je nach Darstellung des Spielgeldes ist der Aufdruck „SPIELGELD“ jedoch keineswegs zwingend, so zum Beispiel bei eindeutig als solches zu identifizierendes Spielgeld anhand der Größe (winzige Scheinchen) oder des Materials (leichtes zerbrechliches Plastik bei Münzen)."

But I understand your point with the currency from different countries. I guess spiele-offensive.de and moneyed have experience with this issue.

And by the way. Pillows are not forbidden in Germany and passive weapon means protection object like helmets and shields etc. And this kind of objects are forbidden at a demonstration if the purpose of these are to escape the clutches of the police. And maybe under these strange circumstances Pillows could be seen as "passive protection weapons"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation is that playing money in Germany must not look similar to actual German (or French or Nigerian or Vanuatian or whatever) money -- which is absolutely understandable. But it may look like money in general. If the Brass/Lisboa coins do not mimic any existing real coins, I do not see any problem here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. The website I was reading was a tongue-in-cheek funny. But yes they used pillows as an example as passive weapons during a demonstration/protest.

By the way, we are almost finished the original Stretch Goals. So we got our improved Player Boards which is my personal favourite one of the bunch.

UPDATE 9AM Nov. 18:
$19,615 Pledged from 219 World Backers Total =1,941 Backers & $196,541 Pledged
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Now all initial strech goals are achieved. Hurray.

Sure SG #11 was the most important one. You can see in rahdo's run-through that he had to put the player boards on the main board, so that he can tuck cards under the player board. And the boards are busy with rubble and houses and officials. It would be a mess without them. The same applies for the holes for the houses and rubble.

But I want to mention that I love also the other SG's and found them important.

#1 The Cardinal
#3 Treasury Token
#4 Coutier Tokens
#6 Influence Discs
#7 Scoring Discs
#8 Price Markers
#12 Officials

Vital's / Ian's EGG Games was all about look and feel (and of course gameplay) . This is important for Vital's heavy games to get lost in his wonderful themes. I've played Lisboa on Tabletopia and some of the goals are also included (#1, 12). I can't imagine playing this game without this individual meeples. It gives this game a soul. Not only the brilliant art from Ian is important also the quality and look of the small tokens you handle the whole time during a game.

That's why I'm a big fan of every visual upgrade the SG's offer to Lisboa. Also the SG's I've not mentioned. For me they're mandatory

And I'm very interested how the UV printing will look like. Also like the unique bag for tiles. And as a 2p Gamer I will love the special overlay.

What a wonderful campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabralicus wrote:
I really wished that one of the Stretch Goals were the metal coins. Or make that an exclusive to KS.

EGG generally makes a point of not doing KS exclusives, though acquiring add-ons and stretch goals separately from them post-KS is always considerably more expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish a stretch goal was to reduce shipping costs... I mean when your pegging a quarter million shouldn't that be feasible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dice roll wrote:
I wish a stretch goal was to reduce shipping costs... I mean when your pegging a quarter million shouldn't that be feasible?

Not really. In fact a few of the early KS's that broke all records and thought exactly this way almost didn't break even or wound up with dramatically slimmer margins than anyone could believe until later substantiated. (OGRE Designer Edition and the Reaper Bones first massive KS)

For stretch goals to not backfire disastrously they have to be planned and cost adjusted before the KS even goes live.

It's one thing to offer a goal that involves a one time added expense and nominal per unit added expense (adding a new art upgrade, gameplay variant, video tutorials, additional mini, a few chits) that everyone gets no matter how much bigger the KS gets, another altogether to have a stretch goal that significantly increases the overhead for every single backer that pledges, which is exactly what lowering shipping would do.

While it's true that some publishers do partially subsidize shipping that's something which is always budgeted for from the start not added as a stretch goal because things went well.

If you've ever held Vinhos Deluxe or The Gallerist in your hands you'd understand why much higher than average shipping is to be expected. The games in this series are massive and extremely heavy. One of the reviews even resorted the classic "That's no Moon!" Death Star joke in reference to The Gallerist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MetalPirate wrote:
LightRebel wrote:

Why do people want fake money at $0.30 a coin when you can have real coins (in a currency other than your own) at a much lower price and more easily available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For one, I might be inclined to spend said actual tender if I were to visit the country.

Secondly, you would need to get 100 of these coins in different denominations. I'm not the only one that was asking for these coins as a stretch goal and not as an exclusive as the SG can be bought at retail in a separate package.

I generally prefer cardboard money to the cheap plastic ones found in Brass and Panamax or the Power Grid Deluxe coins which look nice but aren't easily stackable. The coins themselves do not have much weight to them compared to cardboard and epecially metal coins. Since Lisboa has cardboard coins I think I will not need to buy replacement coins for this game.

However, I will be buying at least one set of metal coins to replace my Brass/Panamax coins.

I have found a place that will sell these at 25¢ a coin or cheaper if I were to order from eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
55 coins for $12 is $0.22 a coin, and 110 coins for $20 is $0.18 a coin. I haven't found a better deal on gaming coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you factoring in the shipping costs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'm ignoring shipping, but the prices of other gaming coins were before too. The next best pricing I have seen is the coins offered by Eagle-Gryphon, a set of 100 for $24.95 which is about $0.25 per coin, and this price does not include shipping. Everything else that I know of is at least $0.30 per coin. Several are as high as $1.00 per coin. All these prices are before shipping is added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh okay, yeah I saw the EGG site as well. I think I've found a place that will sell it at 25¢ CDN per coin and with local pickup so no shipping. So that option will probably be my best option. As I don't have to worry about shipping, USD to CDN conversion nonsense, etc.

I also think I will pick up a Madeira Ambassadors expansion and possibly the Gallerist SG pack(s) since they are in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New International Update:

$46,453 Pledged from 495 World Backers Total = 2,452 Backers & $244,294 Pledged

Stretch Goal #13 reached and closing in on SG #14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.