$60.00
$20.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Question - Spoilers END OF CAMPAIGN (Hopefully Designer Reponse?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Random
msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Spoilers for Box 5:

Spoilers for using the light of truth a lottttt:

So our campaign is nearing the end and we have figured out the leaders, but we were wondering if you can use multiple leaders as charts for the last island. Based on the rules we assume you can since it would be difficult to get 2+ without other people stopping you. However, then it seems like you could luck out and get all 4 and end the game very quickly?

Without using multiple though you would need temple + 3-5 research cards + solid advisor and many upgrades which makes it seem like the game would never end.

Would love to hear what people did. Especially intention from game designer

Edit: We ended up ruling that you needed the leader as your active adviser and you could only use one, it made the last island really hard to do and based on the lore in the captains booke after we started ending the game we were probably supposed to allow for more than 1 used at a time and they could be used in the council room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Rules Question - Spoilers END OF GAME (Hopefully Designer Reponse?)
SomeoneRandom wrote:
Spoilers for Box 5:

Spoilers for using the light of truth a lottttt:

So our campaign is nearing the end and we have figured out the leaders, but we were wondering if you can use multiple leaders as charts for the last island. Based on the rules we assume you can since it would be difficult to get 2+ without other people stopping you. However, then it seems like you could luck out and get all 4 and end the game very quickly?

Without using multiple though you would need temple + 3-5 research cards + solid advisor and many upgrades which makes it seem like the game would never end.

Would love to hear what people did. Especially intention from game designer

Edit: We ended up ruling that you needed the leader as your active adviser and you could only use one, it made the last island really hard to do and based on the lore in the captains booke after we started ending the game we were probably supposed to allow for more than 1 used at a time and they could be used in the council room.

I might change the title of this post to "end of CAMPAIGN". I didn't click the spoilers (good job with the double spoiler tag), but I assumed it would be a question about something that happens at the end of each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Random
msg tools
Good call, I found double spoiler tags for seafall really helpful. Guess its a good thing I did!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Barrington
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
I was hoping for a reply here to tell us what is going on as well, my group is trying to figure out these things as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Danxor wrote:
I was hoping for a reply here to tell us what is goi
ng on as well, my group is trying to figure out these things as well.

Spoiler box 5

don't read it unless you've done the Milestone "find a map to the last island"

You CAN use more than one such "map" if you have several. The booke entry at the end of the campaign makes that clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.