Julie DuBois
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Like the subject says. We're currently playing the game and the following question came up.
"Is it possible durring Era II to replace a level II leader *that has been played* with an level I leader from you hand."

This player had previously picked up the level I leader, but decided not to play it when the level II leader became available. Then the player needed to get a card out of his hand so that he could take a new card from the track. It was near the end of Era II and the level II leader would not have been useful much longer. What do you think?

Julie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, this is allowed, although it does seem unlikely that anyone would want to do it. As long as the player didn't pick up more than one leader per age, I'd say allow it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see nothing in the rules to make that illegal or even questionable, even if thematically it's a little iffy. I would allow it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ment to comment on this earlier. I was the player who wanted to do this.

If I recall I had the level 2 leader that gave bonuses for libraries & theaters (if you have both). I had planned on getting some libraries, but it didn't work out. He was a useless leader.

I was then attacked, and needed to rebuild my defenses quickly. The leader in my hand was Barberosa, who helps with just that.

Sure, he would have only been around for one more turn (as age 3 was almost upon us), but it would have been the quickest way to rebuild considering my supplies.

Needless to say, we ruled by vote that he couldn't be played, and I was stuck for the rest of the game, unable to build. The main reason I can see the vote went the way it did is I was ahead by a huge lead.

-Munch "course .. I still won anyway, so I can't complain" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evertjan van de Kaa
Netherlands
den haag
zuid holland
flag msg tools
ah,

but how would you then keep track of the leaders you have (played)
First you played a age 2 leader and then an age 1 leader. this means that you cannot chose an age 1 or 2 leader any more (of course an age 1 leader won't be available in age 2).

It might be usefull if you pick and used columbus.

Evertjan van de Kaa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ware
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When deciding to do this, did you keep in mind that
the Age I leader would "die of old age" at the moment
Age III began?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if I have moses in age A I tend to want to keep him until end of age I, so I most like to get Columbus as my Age I leader. and every so often when the territories just don't want to come my way I need to kill my age II leader to use columbus...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejvandekaa wrote:
First you played a age 2 leader and then an age 1 leader. this means that you cannot chose an age 1 or 2 leader any more

Playing them has nothing to do with it. You aren't even allowed to draw two leaders from the same age.

What the OP is doing is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls