Carcassonne» Forums » General

Subject: How does this piece score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Kohler
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
How is the road scored in the piece circled in the below image? I understand the rules to score the road as stopping at the edge of a village, but my young one is arguing that the road goes through the village and should be scored together. After pondering, I cannot disagree with that.

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like 3 points to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdiel Xordium
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is whether or not the that's a village next to the river. If it is, then the road stops there regardless of how poorly illustrated the tile is.

The tile with the bridge from the original version of the River had no confusing art to imply that there was a village there. So I would agree with the other posters that say it should be ignored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Kohler
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Yes, it makes sense to ignore it. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems a conscious choice by the artist to not show the Road ending in that village, so I too agree the Road passes through it and is worth 3 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.