Subject: The Barrier (spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen a couple of play sessions of The Gathering scenario where an investigator progressed through The Barrier (act 2) while not being in the hallway. I have the French version of the game and the objective on my card clearly states that at the end of the round investigators in the hallway can spend clues to progress. Are there differences across the French and English versions, or is it just that some people are not playing it correctly?
It is my first game and I realize that if this is correct, the ghoul priest will always attack first (since investigators can progress only at the end of the round), thus dealing 2 damages and 2 horrors before the investigators have a chance to attack him. Or am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
The investigators in the hallway can use their clues at the end of the round to advance the act deck. So anyone contributing needs to be in the hallway at the end of the round. The end of the round is after the Enemy Phase so the Priest doesn't attack right away during that round's Enemy Phase. The round goes as followed:

Beginning of Round -> Mythos Phase -> Investigation Phase -> Enemy Phase -> Refresh Phase -> End Of Round

I suspect the play sessions you watched were playing the game wrong. There is no difference in the English version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, Mathew. So I may still have a shot at winning this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
boulou wrote:
It is my first game and I realize that if this is correct, the ghoul priest will always attack first (since investigators can progress only at the end of the round), thus dealing 2 damages and 2 horrors before the investigators have a chance to attack him. Or am I missing something here?

"End of the round" means the end of the entire round: After the Refresh phase, before the next Mythos phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.