Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My mission M event is "Draw a card", let's assume I draw another M card stating "M:Do two damage". Is this M event immediately triggered, i.e. would I after drawing the card get two damage immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
All M effects on the table will trigger in Mission phase.
i.e. "yes" if you drew the event in the Mission phase, otherwise it is gonna wait for the next Mission phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this game more as an activity and so when I draw an event in the mission phase which itself has a mission action, I don't trigger it till the next mission phase, which gives me some chance to eliminate it before it triggers. I may switch to taking it right away eventually when I want a greater challenge and/or I'm more confident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played through my game and teaching someone else, I think taking the damage immediately from an event turned from the executing M actions is the right thing to do. My game was a bit too easy and my friend had a handful playing the more severe rule but he did OK and it seems to work better.

We had another issue though. He had 2 events simultaneously that both wanted the 1st security result rolled. It wasn't clear which had precedence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, ALL M actions are played during the Mission phase, so if you draw an event with an M action as a result of a Mission M action, the event M action triggers immediately.

Re 2 Security result rerolls, you need to reroll the 1st two security results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carlwhite wrote:
Yes, ALL M actions are played during the Mission phase, so if you draw an event with an M action as a result of a Mission M action, the event M action triggers immediately.

Is that just what you think (which I'm still interested in) or is that in a FAQ somewhere or did the designer say that? I haven't found any sources for that sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
carlwhite wrote:

Is that just what you think (which I'm still interested in) or is that in a FAQ somewhere or did the designer say that? I haven't found any sources for that sort of thing.

He is the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yeeshkul wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:
carlwhite wrote:

He is the designer.

Guilty as charged

The rules cover the M action. Check the last part of the Mission Phase in section 5:

Mission Phase:
* Deplete Crystal Reserves: If a Mission is in play advance the Dilithium Crystal Reserves track one space. If the token reaches space zero, discard the Mission as failed and draw an Event Card.
* Refresh Mission: If no Mission Card is in play, draw one and place it on the game board, adding any marker tokens required and returning Crystal Reserves to the starting value . See “Mission Cards” below.
* Activate Mission Actions. These may listed be on Mission cards, Event cards or Development cards. Mission Actions are indicated by this symbol:

If an Event card is drawn during this stage which has the Mission Action symbol, that Mission Action triggers.

The second point does not get covered in the rulebook, but I seem to remember answering a similar question in another thread. I'll need to go back to check to ensure my answers are consistent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This last play I didn't have the no modification to added dice from say Captain Kirk correct. I saw it in the rules after. I modified a couple of dice but I know now. Typically you can use the dice straight and modify your own dice so it's not usually an issue.

I hope to print the new TOS cards from Artscow at some point soon. I also am a little interested in a two player variant with two ships helping each other so I can play it with my usual partner. I'm thinking 1 set of cards, 2 play mats, developments private, with events and missions modifiable on both ships by the other ship each with it's own events and missions.

EDIT: By the way, I really like this game. It's got just the right level of challenge, really nice theme in the cards (especially the missions and developments), and a great look if you get the Artscow stuff. Taught it to a friend yesterday and he as supposed to go home at 5 but it was 5:30 before he could tear himself away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carlwhite wrote:

Guilty as charged

The rules cover the M action. Check the last part of the Mission Phase in section 5:

Mission Phase:
* Deplete Crystal Reserves: If a Mission is in play advance the Dilithium Crystal Reserves track one space. If the token reaches space zero, discard the Mission as failed and draw an Event Card.
* Refresh Mission: If no Mission Card is in play, draw one and place it on the game board, adding any marker tokens required and returning Crystal Reserves to the starting value . See “Mission Cards” below.
* Activate Mission Actions. These may listed be on Mission cards, Event cards or Development cards. Mission Actions are indicated by this symbol:

If an Event card is drawn during this stage which has the Mission Action symbol, that Mission Action triggers.

The second point does not get covered in the rulebook, but I seem to remember answering a similar question in another thread. I'll need to go back to check to ensure my answers are consistent!

Thanks. Yes I kind of figured out that HAD to be the right way to go and I'm playing that way now. Great game. I like both your game and Deep Space D-6 game you took inspiration from. I feel like there should be a way for two players to play side by side and influence each other's game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.