Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received this expansion, and am very much looking forward to getting into it. I am especially pleased that there is a solitaire mode included -- many thanks!

So, what would be considered a "good" score going up against Emil? I really like having a "win threshold" to shoot for, or -- equally as good -- rated ranges of scores against which to compare my performance, e.g.: 250-274 = Fair; 275-299 = Getting Better; 300-324 = Good; 325-349 = Very Good; 350-374 = Excellent... and so on, preferably with more thematically descriptive terms.

I'd be curious to know some of the high scores which have been attained, and perhaps we could jointly agree upon a reasonable "win threshold," and/or a scaled continuum of scores against which attained scores can be compared...?!

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Strubczewski
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My highest solo scores:

Russian: 421

German: 381

American: 409
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elad wrote:
Just received this expansion, and am very much looking forward to getting into it. I am especially pleased that there is a solitaire mode included -- many thanks!

So, what would be considered a "good" score going up against Emil? I really like having a "win threshold" to shoot for, or -- equally as good -- rated ranges of scores against which to compare my performance, e.g.: 250-274 = Fair; 275-299 = Getting Better; 300-324 = Good; 325-349 = Very Good; 350-374 = Excellent... and so on, preferably with more thematically descriptive terms.

I'd be curious to know some of the high scores which have been attained, and perhaps we could jointly agree upon a reasonable "win threshold," and/or a scaled continuum of scores against which attained scores can be compared...?!

Any thoughts?

My highest solo score with GRR is 487 points, with the Russian Railroads: Mini-Expansion included and going heavy-industry. I have always been using all expansions (up to GRR), thus this might bump up the scores a bit. I personally find the industry to offer vast points, even more than the tracks, if the right combo has been set and you are uncontested. Engineers #8, #-10 and #9 make together some really powerful combos, especially if you manage to get out all 3 industry tokens and use boilermen on the #3 or #9 factories.

Nevertheless, I had not ruled the interactions between the two expansions at the time, thus the Industrial boom from the ME would double the foundries' effects from the GRR. To address that, I subsequently opened this thread: [Poll] Ruling the interactions between German Railroads and the Mini-Expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the practical purposes being considered here, perhaps narrowing the focus specifically to the complete German Railroads package (solo plus all 3 additional modules) would work best. This is certainly the way that intend to play, as all these modules in combination sure looks quite excellent.

Thanks for the responses so far -- sure some great high scores!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried my first two solo games on Yucata, both German Railroads without coal. One I went totally on the long line, only using the others to get bonus actions and meeps, and scored 463. (I almost lost the engineer bonus, Emil stole the engineer on the first play 3 times!)

The other time I ignored the large line and went for factories and to fill the top and bottom line and get tons of bonus tokens each turn. I scored 415.

http://www.yucata.de/en/Game/RRR2/6863519#page

http://test.yucata.de/en/Game/RRR2/6863512#page

Edit: These links apparently don't work from outside Yucata soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.