3 Posts

Ravingspire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Loot card abilities & blank power value rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karena B
Canada
flag msg tools
Did a partial solo run last night, trying to learn the game. Came across a few loot cards with vorpal amount and text like "roll and pick up x amount of cards". Is it an either or? Like I can either use the ability, discard, and it'll come up again later OR use for vorpal, discard, come again later? Or both? In order to use the vorpal, I have to also do as text says?

I have numerous cards with blanks for power value. Only one says roll and that's the amount of vorpal. Are they just usable towards the battle matrix then other than their text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the things that makes this game difficult to parse...do not quote me on this but my understanding is as follows:

1) if you play a card with bonus ability text for the "vorpal amount (charm/fight/skill/vorpal)" the ability text triggers

UNLESS

2) the ability text says discard or banish, than you either get the "vorpal amount" or the ability text but not both.

Succinctly:
if there is discard or banish text then treat the ability text as an OR with regards to the vorpal amount, otherwise it is an AND with regards to the vorpal amount.

but someone please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darla Truitt
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
That is my understanding as well. Though for cards that are not banish or discard, you can use the ability and choose not to use the fight/charm/skill/vorpal value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.