Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing Lords of Waterdeep for about a year now, and really enjoy it. Like many worker placement games, you need to use your scarce supply of workers efficiently.

One tactic that I've used frequently in games is visiting Waterdeep Harbor often, especially if I've got many useful Intrigue Cards in my hand to play. By visiting Waterdeep Harbor, you essentially get to use your worker pawn twice: once to play an Intrigue Card, and later to place it on an available space after all workers have been played. That's especially important in Rounds 1-4 when you have as few as 2 workers to place. Again, circumstances may dictate that your workers need to be placed elsewhere, but I've found that making use of Waterdeep Harbor usually gives you twice the bang for each worker placed there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the extra actions Waterdeep Harbour gives you can be invaluable... as long as you don't mind getting "whatever spaces are left" at the end of the round. Need to prioritise quests that give Intrigue cards for a while though to get them flowing, and ideally make sure a lot of buildings are out so you have more options at the end of the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Eppler
Germany
Braunschweig
flag msg tools
Well I only agree to a certain point only considering base game
Yes you get kind of 2 actions with one worker....BUT

- in the base game the constant supply of intrigue cards is not given and often distracts from actions with higher priority

- the intrique cards are quite weak to some extent or might not fit into your current needs...the stronger ones come with the expansion

- don't go to waterdeep harbour just for the sake of it and let your opponents grab better spaces - do this yourself

- with the expansion the possible spots that let you play an intrique card increases

I just thought the same in the beginning...after a few plays my opinion shifted a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.