Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this last night with the new expansion, and for our second game we tried something new... For every round, we took the 4 forests and mines, then added 7 random craft cards so we never knew what was coming.

It worked very well and was a lot of fun. Especially now that there are so many crafting cards available, it added a lot of variety and it was nice getting to see everything.

One downside is that the counterfeit token crafting cards are basically useless, since there aren't enough of them for it to be worth taking them. Other than that everything else works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Osterloh
United States
Concord
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That does sound like an interesting variation. I have played about 10 times and I know there are craft cards I have never used. I suppose the tradeoff is that when you know what the craft cards are each round, you can try to plan your turn. I'll give this a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Fuchs
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I assume you're talking about gather cards, not craft cards. Interesting idea to mix them up after each round. On the other hand, knowing what gather cards are in the game (after completing the first round) adds a strategic element to what is otherwise a pretty heavily luck-based game so I don't know how I feel about eliminating it.

I have a lot of "better" games but I keep gravitating to King's Forge as a reasonably quick game to start a game night. Maybe it's the great feeling that comes from having fistfuls of dice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I meant gather cards. Woops. >_>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.