Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late backed the grand tour edition 1,5 years ago. Paid $160.
Have received two updates but I have followed the kickstarter updates and comments.
Should I consider this my first failed campaign?
Seems like us EU backers will never get our stuff.
Sorry for the meaningless thread, I'm just pretty upset. I could have used the money, and still can...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an intense exchange of emails with "Cody", the guy who handles the emails now.
I had a standard edition coming way which never arrived.
Me: "Hi, it's been too long, I want a refund."
Cody: "Oh, all the standard editions were sent out months ago. Here's your tracking number, go check with Collissimo!" (the French carrier who delivered the parcels for Ideaspatcher)
Me: "Great thanks... Wait a moment, that tracking number is more than three months old. The Collissimo system doesn't accept it anymore."
Cody: "Sorry."
Me: "Come on, don't do me like that. Why wasn't I provided with the tracking number when the shipment was sent?"
Cody: "... That's all I can tell you. Contact Collissimo."
Me: "They have their entire site automated. I'm not in France. Without a valid and current tracking number, I cannot even contact them."
Cody: "Contact Collissimo. Feel free to contact Ideaspatcher."

Frustrating. I started strongly disliking the guy along the way.
It's only 65$ or something in my case, but it's really a horrible combination of bad publisher and unreliable shipping company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't mind delays. But this is really frustrating. At this point I'd be happy with any kind of closure. Even if it is "thanks! Stole your money.".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This has been the worst Kickstarter campaign I've ever backed. Some people didn't get their game until a year after it had started being sold on Amazon!

Not only that, but 37 backers are due a Collctor Edition. They collectively paid over $4,000. To date - three years after paying - they have received nothing, Liz ignores all questions, and has not updated for over six months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richdodgin wrote:

This has been the worst Kickstarter campaign I've ever backed.

I'd go even further and say that if I collected all negative experiences I've had on kickstarter (93 funded projects this far), it still wouldn't come close to the experience of this campaign.
It's just so bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richdodgin wrote:

Not only that, but 37 backers are due a Collctor Edition. They collectively paid over $4,000. To date - three years after paying - they have received nothing, Liz ignores all questions, and has not updated for over six months.

Regarding the Collector Edition....in essence these were a GTE Edition, but with a special hand-made wooden box.

Money was taken in September 2013. In April 2016, it was revealed that apparently the people supposed to have made the boxes had been given the wrong wood, and we were told that Liz was working on a new supplier.

The questions that are still not satisfactorily answered are "why did it take almost three years before this problem came to light? Why were the collector boxes not started when the project was funded?"

The questions now are "why has it taken Liz over six months to find a source of wood for some boxes (surely a straightforward task)?" and "if wooden boxes AREN'T possible, why not send Collector backers a refund - or a GTE edition as replacement?"

The biggest question of all, of course, is "Why has Liz stopped giving updates"? My suspicion, sadly, is that she has spent all the money and has no idea how to fulfil her promises to her "lovely backers" - and instead of being the "professional" she claims to be, has decided to hide and hope everyone loses interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu Holttum wrote:
My suspicion, sadly, is that she has spent all the money and has no idea how to fulfil her promises to her "lovely backers" - and instead of being the "professional" she claims to be, has decided to hide and hope everyone loses interest.

Forget? No, I don't think so. I'll never forget this campaign!
Or buy/back anything she's been involved in for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Dunstan
msg tools
I was an EU GTE backer too, and like the others hadn't received anything after years of waiting, with no clear updates, and no guide to when EU GTE packages would finally be sent. After someone else managed to get a refund, I asked for a refund too, and got it, though it took a couple of months before Liz sent the money by PayPal. I would recommend that other EU GTE backers who are tired of waiting ask for a full refund too. Though I know from the comments page on Kickstarter that some people are still waiting (after ages) for their refunds after asking and being told they'd get it ...

Liz should be utterly ashamed of how she has conducted herself during this campaign. And at the moment her assistant Cody isn't bathing himself in glory either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vivdunstan wrote:
I was an EU GTE backer too, and like the others hadn't received anything after years of waiting, with no clear updates, and no guide to when EU GTE packages would finally be sent. After someone else managed to get a refund, I asked for a refund too, and got it, though it took a couple of months before Liz sent the money by PayPal. I would recommend that other EU GTE backers who are tired of waiting ask for a full refund too. Though I know from the comments page on Kickstarter that some people are still waiting (after ages) for their refunds after asking and being told they'd get it ...

Liz should be utterly ashamed of how she has conducted herself during this campaign. And at the moment her assistant Cody isn't bathing himself in glory either.

I also requested a refund a couple of weeks ago. Got a reply from Cody that he had forwarded the request to Liz.
But I have yet to receive any money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Dunstan
msg tools
lugiber wrote:
I also requested a refund a couple of weeks ago. Got a reply from Cody that he had forwarded the request to Liz.
But I have yet to receive any money.

I got my refund about two months after first asking Cody. I only got it after emailing Cody yet again, being objectionable on the game's Facebook page (haha!), and posting more comments on the Kickstarter. Whatever finally prompted it coming through I didn't care, so long as I got my money. I've since spent most of it on another game.

I hope you get your money back soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so I have to pester them to actually get the refund. I was hoping that this would be over and done with. Apparently the story continues....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost three months now and still no refund.
Since I'm not a kickstarter backer I have no ability to scream and shout in the comments.
Perhaps I should go over to the Facebook page and make some noise.
I really wish I hadn't pre-ordered this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My word....its been almost a YEAR now since we found out that the wood for the Collector boxes was wrong. Note I say "found out".....Liz didn't tell anyone herself, I found it out only by quizzing her mail-handling employee.

So Liz has known about the boxes for a year. In that time she has made NO contact with backers (or, it seems, pre-order customers). Backers are also requesting refunds - which are also being ignored.

----------------------

Searching on the Department of Revenue website (http://dor.wa.gov/content/doingbusiness/registermybusiness/b...) against Voodoo Bunny brings up a very clear record of Liz' company. (Note: this is all public domain information). It clearly states her name, and the business address that she has registered with the State Authorities.

I asked her employee if the address was correct - he said that he checked with Liz and the address had nothing to do with her. Which leaves only two options.

1) The address is correct. Liz is lying to her employee (or instructing him to lie to backers).
2) The address is incorrect. Liz has false information lodged with her state revenue authority.

I have contacted the Washington DoR Fraud Team to advise them that Liz has potentially lodged false information with them (no reply as yet). I have advised Liz (via her employee) that I was doing this, to give her the opportunity to forestall any penalty by providing correct information to the DoR.

----------------------

So what does this all add up to?

Liz has taken money for product, and has not provided that product. The KS backers, this may be gray, but for pre-orders that is clear breach of contract.

Liz will not respond to any of her customers.

With the DoR evidence, Liz is now a proven liar - either to her customers, to her employees, or to her State Authority. Either the address on record IS hers (in which case that's a lie to her customers), or it is false ( a lie to the State). Either way, she is demonstrably a liar.

Frankly, I think there is no hope for anyone of getting a refund, or of getting their games. From what Peter has posted, she is not only a liar, but also a thief. Neither may have been premeditated actions, but they are nevertheless where she has placed herself. And it seems from her continued failure to update anywhere - here, KS, or her website - that she is content for people to think that about her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.