5 Posts

Legendary Inventors» Forums » General

Subject: Any good with two? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
We mainly play with two and I'm hearing this game isn't very good with less than 3, are there any neutral player rules/variants?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried playing with just the wife, but it's so biased towards the winner. Not only would they get the first reward but the third. It's an easy runaway train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
I tried playing with just the wife, but it's so biased towards the winner. Not only would they get the first reward but the third. It's an easy runaway train.

From the rules:
shearing the rewards:

"Each participating player can take only one reward...Players then place their rewards in front of them and any reward that has not been collected (if only one or two players have participated) is returned to the box,..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Any way to fix this game with two? Seems it is rated very poorly at lower counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardTogether wrote:
Any way to fix this game with two? Seems it is rated very poorly at lower counts.

I just played it with my wife. It wasn't the most exciting game ever, but it's fine.

If you actually follow the rules, it isn't biased towards whoever completed the invention, as you only take one reward - either the card (for the VP and the run number), or one of the tokens. That's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.