GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,632 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Using my "one time" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Africa Brass v. 1 & 2
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming it was foreordained that Hillary Clinton would lose the presidential election, and leaving racists, xenophobes and hard core misogynists out of the equation, wouldn't we all be better off if in an alternate reality where Donald Trump had gone to prison and Martha Stewart were the President Elect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Better off?
Right now I'd be less concerned.
However Trumpie may yet turn out to be a very good President. And Martha might have tried to impose interior decorating standards onto the Chinese.

So I don't know. And am wishing hard that just because my appraisal of Bush/Cheney captured only a portion of their vile larcenous ineptitude that my appraosal of Donald is overwhelmingly wrong. Sure his choices of advisors is in line with my highly negative appraisal but it's early days yet and maybe he, unlike Bush, can hold his own ideas and not be led down the garden path by the people around him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Sphere wrote:
Assuming it was foreordained that Hillary Clinton would lose the presidential election, and leaving racists, xenophobes and hard core misogynists out of the equation, wouldn't we all be better off if in an alternate reality where Donald Trump had gone to prison and Martha Stewart were the President Elect?

Dude, I voted against Trump. But really, put down the bong, okay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the brilliant flash of the thermonuclear detonation that turns one into instant plasma.
So much better than desultory rotting away in as formaldehyde soaked corpse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mb
Sphere wrote:

Is Martha Stewart a Republican?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
galad2003 wrote:
Martha Stewart is perhaps the one person I hate more than Hillary Clinton.

But she is better looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:

Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
galad2003 wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

But she is better looking.
/kiss\ For US 'hetero'-GUY, Buddy since them other surely were 'queer-cubed' for Pres.TRUMP!
~"well, aren't YOU?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

Heh...but no.

She had zero qualifications and I'm actually not sure as a felon she'd be eligible anyway.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

Yep...I checked, a felon (4 counts).

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:

If you're inferring that I'm a Martha Stewart fan, you couldn't be more mistaken. It's very much a lesser of two weevils comparison, inspired by the realization of how neatly one could be swapped for the other by changing a single event from each of their lives.

Had Martha been elected, I'd have been spared the knowledge that the KKK was high fiving the results. If Martha were president, the thought of my lovely wife, daughters or granddaughters visiting the White House wouldn't strike terror in my heart. Beyond that, I'd say she's as monumentally unfit to lead a great nation as he is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Sphere wrote:

Heh...but no.

She had zero qualifications and I'm actually not sure as a felon she'd be eligible anyway.

Ferret

You seem to have missed the point. I was positing a reality where he went to prison and she did not, and where she was elected and he was not. Swapped 'em around - geddit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Terwox wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

Why?

Have you ever watched her on TV? SO fake and annoying. If I had to listen to her talk in Presidential speeches I would go insane.

Edit: It has nothing to do with her prison or anything, she just rubs me the wrong way.

If you saw anyone running for president in 2016 that wasn't painful to listen to, your tolerance is higher than mine.

I voted for Hillary but didn't enjoy listening to her as I did to President Obama, whose intelligence, grace and dignity I will sorely miss. For me, Hillary's greatest asset was her opposition to Trump and the toxic divisiveness in which he seems to thrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The centerpieces at state dinners would be amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd take a slime mold in the oval office over Trump, so Martha is my Gal.

Thanks to Netflix, I reacquainted myself with a blast from the past. If only he were not deceased, I would have voted Bob Ross for president.

Bob Ross on racism and intolerance: "You got to beat the devil out of it."

Bob Ross on climate change: "Let's put a happy little tree right here."

Bob Ross on the 2016 election: "I think we'll call this one done."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.