Hero Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Card text size - too small? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Long
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I might be the only one having this issue, but I'm finding the text on the Hero Realms cards to be extremely hard to read and in an unnecessary small font.

When I compared the font size with both my Star Realms and Epic decks, it is plainly obvious that the Hero Realms card text size is a good 20% to 30% smaller, but there's a LOT of whitespace.

As someone with not the best eyesight, it means that the game is hard for me to play because I literally can't read the damn cards very well.

This is extremely disappointing and frustrating to me as it really diminishes the game experience for no good reason at all.

Is anyone else experiencing this as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see the text on my copy at all... Mostly cause it hasn't shown up yet. But this post worries me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The keyword lines ("Item", "Action", etc) are way too tiny. Otherwise I haven't had any issues with font size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yet another thread I wish I could answer to... Had I received my copy myself

I'll tell you when I do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Yet another thread I wish I could answer to... Had I received my copy myself

I'll tell you when I do

HUGS Razoupaf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that it is a bit small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for first time.

Some card indeed refer to action, spell, ... which is written very small.

Also the text on the cards is to small to read from afar. And is sometimes allot more complex then in star realms. So I had to read all the cards that show up each time.

Still was fun. But a bit of a bummer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KevOne
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Text are super super small!

Which ruin the game, the cards are smaller in size, and the black boarder are unnecessary thick, making everything cram into the center, really a bummer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Nichols
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just opened card packs for HR (it got delayed a bit) Anyway OMG the text IS small. I have Epic and Star Realms, text in HR so much smaller. Even the character names are small. I find myself squinting while I'm holding the card to read it. Never going to see text once on a table. (Yes I have my glasses on cool)

Why oh why? Could have adjusted the banner sizes and borders slightly. Artwork and colors are stunning, vibrant.. very nice. Haven't played yet but I love Epic & Star Realms so pretty sure I will love game play.

<sigh> Deal Beaker? Well, no. But, it's a shame to see a product loose points on failure to consider importance of readability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jumbo Smith
msg tools
Another vote for "too dang small". Who decided the print needed to be microscopic? Very very very very dumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am lucky enough to have good vision, so I don't have any issues with the font size (it really is not smaller than other card games, in my opinion).

Now, if you want to talk way too small fonts, you need to look at early Magic cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards in Mistfall are not possible to read from across the table, imo, they are much worse than HR cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.