$30.00
$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Risk Europe is currently $30.79USD, which is about 25% off. As far as I can tell, this game is not available outside of Amazon, Toys R Us, and Target in the US (ie, it's not in any OLGSs; and bizarrely, not in Canada at all), so this is a good deal meeple

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ALHAEMK?tag=article-boa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: [Amazon.com] Risk Europe: $30.79USD, eligible for free shipping
It does not appear on Target's website, but there are copies in all the Target stores near me. I am hoping, though, the price will come down for the holidays, much like it did last year for Risk Star Wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Bad Thoughts wrote:
It does not appear on Target's website, but there are copies in all the Target stores near me. I am hoping, though, the price will come down for the holidays, much like it did last year for Risk Star Wars.

As a Hasbro-neglected Canadian, I'm not taking that chance! I've secured my copy via my Yankee brother for my Xmas present

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post. I've been looking to grab a copy of this one when it dropped in price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great for us that still love the Risk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Strabala
United States
Hiawatha
Iowa
flag msg tools
With a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seeing as this is a Hasbro product and it's Christmas time I'm going to wait until this one goes low -really low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
Bad Thoughts wrote:

As a Hasbro-neglected Canadian, I'm not taking that chance! I've secured my copy via my Yankee brother for my Xmas present

$12.85 shipping (For me in Ontario), and $4.13 import deposit, for any curious canucks (who don't have family south of the border.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
Target has it:

http://www.target.com/p/risk/-/A-50729082

$39.95

Been waiting for this one to drop so I can pick up a couple copies to kit bash for my toy box. Archers, the hardest damn mini to find in a game especially in sufficient numbers.

Now for it to drop like Star Wars...built my own tactical fighter game out of several copies of it last fall.

Now it's Europe's turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rayzor6 wrote:

Actually every review I've read suggests that this would have strong appeal to designer game fans who have no love for Risk at all.

Same designer as Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers: Shadows over Innistrad and Risk Star Wars. As most are well aware the latter actually has a closer relationship to Queen's Gambit than Risk.

I'm extremely confident it's going to be available much cheaper for those of us who are patient. (just as happened with Star Wars Risk last year)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
I'm extremely confident it's going to be available much cheaper for those of us who are patient. (just as happened with Star Wars Risk last year)

....as well as the Magic board games, as well as every other Hasbro game ever made.

Last I heard Gamestop was selling SW Risk for $8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Y'all are wet blankets on hot deals I imagine this will eventually go down in price because it's Hasbro, but I have doubts it will go as low as Star Wars because it's not as widely available, and it doesn't have the name recognition. I've told my brother to keep an eye on the price in case it goes down further, in any case

NuMystic wrote:
rayzor6 wrote:

Actually every review I've read suggests that this would have strong appeal to designer game fans who have no love for Risk at all.

Risk was a disappointment to me when I received it as a present many years ago (I had wanted it and asked for it), and part of the reason I want this version so much is that it looks like what I hoped vanilla Risk would be It feels like there's a tinge of nostalgia for something I haven't even played yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
NuMystic wrote:

....as well as the Magic board games, as well as every other Hasbro game ever made.

I have a feeling this will be unlike SW Risk and the first/base Magic game. Star Wars merchandise was everywhere last year. The game had a very wide release. MtG also had a wide release. However, MtG Innistrad did not. For example, it never made it to Canada. And Amazon is not selling it at rock bottom prices as they've done with the other games. The more limited release of Risk Europe may keep it from dropping to comparable lows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
Y'all are wet blankets on hot deals

Please don't take it as a wet blanket - it's more like preaching trust and patience. None of us wants to buy a game and then next month watch as the price drops another $20 while our game is still sitting on the shelf wrapped in shrink wrap staring at us (my stomach is cramping now just at the thought of it).

That being said - if you plan on ripping open the game and playing it the minute it arrives; well then waiting for a price drop makes less and less sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
abonosky wrote:
Mashpotassium wrote:
Y'all are wet blankets on hot deals

Please don't take it as a wet blanket - it's more like preaching trust and patience. None of us wants to buy a game and then next month watch as the price drops another $20 while our game is still sitting on the shelf wrapped in shrink wrap staring at us (my stomach is cramping now just at the thought of it).

That being said - if you plan on ripping open the game and playing it the minute it arrives; well then waiting for a price drop makes less and less sense.

Hehe, I wasn't being totally serious, hence the wink! laugh

I'm also generally a wait-and-see buyer (usually 2nd hand), but I suppose the deal is hotter for me due to the unavailability issue... and in this case I actually do plan on ripping off the shrink right away, because the second part of my present is that I've made my family promise they'll play it with me (sadly, this is the only way I can make sure it'll happen)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
abonosky wrote:
NuMystic wrote:

I have a feeling this will be unlike SW Risk and the first/base Magic game. Star Wars merchandise was everywhere last year. The game had a very wide release. MtG also had a wide release. However, MtG Innistrad did not. For example, it never made it to Canada. And Amazon is not selling it at rock bottom prices as they've done with the other games. The more limited release of Risk Europe may keep it from dropping to comparable lows.

I'm not predicting how low but it's guaranteed to be available considerably cheaper before long regardless of how much smaller the profile is than SW:R. This is Amazon and Target we're talking about.

People swore SW:R Black Edition was going to be gone in an instant and it's still available to this day, and was on sale less than 8 weeks after its release. It's a Hasbro Risk branded title, the print run is still monstrous I assure you.

Even if the title itself doesn't go on sale in the next quarter Target has B2G1 sales on their entire board game selection a few times a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And as predicted:

[DEAD] [Amazon Lightning Deal] Risk Europe $20.65

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Why would you bump a dead hot deals thread? I agreed that it would go down in price...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
Why would you bump a dead hot deals thread? I agreed that it would go down in price...

It was LJ that was making a case for the contrary Marina, not you.

Older hot deals threads get bumped all the time when new info comes to light.

Many find it valuable to track pricing on games of interest, and in some cases subscribers who did not pull the trigger the first time are glad to be notified when a hotter deal comes along. (unfortunately this time it's already dead)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.