Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Van Roy
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I've just received my copy today and noticed that the stars and special workers are in a different(brighter) yellow then the wooden meeples of the base game. The difference is quite noticeable.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qfwfq Piovasco di Rondò
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine too, and some of the other colors have the same issue too. I don't recall what colors, I don't have my copy with me now.
It is noticeable but it does not affect game play.
A great game!

Edit: I refer to my copy of Viticulture EE vs Tuscany EE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not alone. Mine have colours that are slightly different. However as it applies to the stars and the special worker meeples it doesn't bother me.

If they were supposed to match the existing workers then it might bother me more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really appreciate you all sharing this! I pulled out my copy of Tuscany EE and Viticulture EE to see, and you're absolutely right--the yellow in Tuscany EE is distinctly different than the yellow in Viticulture. The purple is also very slightly different (it's harder to tell if it's a different paint or if the original tokens have just faded a little bit). The other colors are a perfect match.

I'll talk to Panda about this for the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With mine, the different colour concerns the blue meeples. The Tuscany ones are a lot lighter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James G
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't compared the special workers but the stars are a bright yellow compared to the meeples.

No one had posted about it a few weeks ago so I thought it was just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Van Roy
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I could help! As tullio said it doesn't affect gameplay so it's not at all an issue for me. Thanks for the excellent game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here: Yellow shows to most difference between the stars and all the pieces from VEE. Then it's purple, orange and blue that have some difference, but not as prononce than the yellow. Green and white is the same. But as a lot of people already said, this affect in no way the game play so it' nothing major.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leander Van Reeth
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Not a hungry hippo.
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed a huge difference between the gray special workers and the gray extra worker. For me, a colour blind gamer, the special workers looked closer to purple (to the extend that I initially thought that my copy had the purple special workers twice!). I see differences other people mention here too.

This was only a problem when sorting all the new pieces though. It did not create any difficulties during actual gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The gray special workers and the gray extra worker actually aren't supposed to be the same color--that was intentional. Those two types of workers serve completely different purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leander Van Reeth
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Not a hungry hippo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, Jamey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmb
Same here. The yellow color is different than the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.