Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C Dylan
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Just picked up an old copy.

I was surprised when I realized that since Bug Worker and Warrior units each have a movement allowance of 1, and Rough and Barren terrain has a movement requirement of 3 for Bugs, the vast majority of the Bug army cannot move into half the board.

I guess they could breach onto rough or barren terrain, but once there, they cant move from the breach spot. They can only go back down the tunnel.

This seems to be supported by the FAQ: "Q: May Alien units always move a minimum of one hex per turn on rough and/or barren terrain?
A: No. See Scenario I, C.9., p.4"

Similarly, for the Skinnies, their Worker and Warrior Units cannot enter into Rough terrain either.

Is this correct? Have I misunderstood something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C Dylan wrote:

I was surprised when I realized that since Bug Worker and Warrior units each have a movement allowance of 1, and Rough and Barren terrain has a movement requirement of 3 for Bugs, the vast majority of the Bug army cannot move into half the board.

I guess they could breach onto rough or barren terrain, but once there, they cant move from the breach spot. They can only go back down the tunnel.

This seems to be supported by the FAQ: "Q: May Alien units always move a minimum of one hex per turn on rough and/or barren terrain?

Similarly, for the Skinnies, their Worker and Warrior Units cannot enter into Rough terrain either.

I understand it the same way you do. Just something to plan around for both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Dylan
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply. Wasn't really sure I'd get one considering the age of the game.

Good to know I'm not misunderstanding something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Clinton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
C Dylan wrote:

No, you understand perfectly and this is a key, very key point in this great old game. Beamers can move, sorta...but they cannot get LOS and who wants to risk them at all!

In the end, this means, the bug has the tactic of pop and beam or pop and pounce. If they are not in clear terrain you must pop up directly in their hex.

Mines can be your best friends to equalize, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

If I recall correctly, in a lot of Skinny scenarios, the rough terrain doesn't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.