Subject: Art Heist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mb

Our house is a really small log cabin. It has wooden walls, floors and ceilings, so to add some color, we hang paintings. Of course there isn't much room for our small art collection.

But recently a local gallery had a sale. They sell paintings by the guy who played the Marlboro Man in those 50's & 60's ads, Edward Widmayer. Usually his oils are out of our price range, but here was an opportunity. It was like pulling an art heist: we showed up when they unlocked the doors and started hauling the paintings out to the car. We got 3 canvases for less than half the price of a single piece. We ended up with enough canvas to rig a ship--over 33 sq.ft!

Here's one that's 4' x 3'. It is so big, we had no wall space and had to hang it on a bookshelf--now it's a cabinet!

And even though our bathroom is only 30 sq.ft. (2.8 m^2), we jammed this 2.5' x 3.5' oil in there. Good thing it fit--plan B was to hang it in your house.

Well, we wanted to add lots of color. Even if you don't like the style, you have to admit: mission accomplished!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knight
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice heistin'.

That one above the toilet is really nice. It reminds me of Stuart Davis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never knew Art, but I may have gone to high school with his brother
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I love those. Nice colors. Very loud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Art "thread" Heist
whistle "videos" 'accompaniments':

professorguy wrote:

professorguy wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.