Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would TTR gamers get this easily (for example)? What other games might you compare this to, as far as complexity?

Asking because I'm hoping this might actually be a "gateway game", as well as a game I could play with my reg group of exp gamers...your thoughts?

Thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Dare To Roll - www.whodaresrolls.com
mbmbmbmbmb
its pretty easy. Its certainly a step up from a gateway but its very light game. The biggest issue is getting your head around the iconography of what each weapon does.

The actual rules are straightforward, with an experienced gamer to direct proceedings you should be fine, I've taught and played it with my kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not tough at all just be prepared to explain what all the weapons do as they are all different

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Schneider
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Experienced gamers won't have a problem, because the iconography of the game is pretty simple and straightforward.
People who are very much into the theme might also find it quite easy to get into.
For inexperienced folks this is not a gateway game imho, because there's quite a lot information to take in before playing the actual game PLUS they have to check weapons throughout the first and maybe even second playthrough. Although it plays relatively easy once this hurdle is taken, this disqualifies it as a good gateway game (take this with a grain of salt, I have people in mind who think that 7 Wonders is complicated and Catan a complex game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Handrejk
Germany
Scheeßel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!” ― Benjamin Franklin
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have one Person how knows the rules you can teach this to everyone in 5 MInutes and learn it while playing. I think the best way to learn it, like many other games, is that one of the players read it and then play a short tutorial mission, only a few moves on the board to learn some of the mechanics, and then he teach the rules to the rest. All Information from the Game are given by Icons and Markers, that makes it easy to remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
are there good player aids included? seems to me any game with a very large number of icons should always include a ref sheet/aid that shows each/every one of the icons (with an explanation)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.