Subject: Gold Cards - Limited to first print run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shiva
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Everyone,

Heads up - the 21 gold cards are limited to the first print run.

I just got the game at retail in the UK and it has a sticker on it that says so. I saw a review and loved the gold cards, but the review did not mention the limited availability - so if you like the gold ones too grab the first print version.

shynra
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shynra wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Heads up - the 21 gold cards are limited to the first print run.

I just got the game at retail in the UK and it has a sticker on it that says so. I saw a review and loved the gold cards, but the review did not mention the limited availability - so if you like the gold ones too grab the first print version.

shynra

That's good to know. While I think the gold cards look good, I find them a bit odd and would prefer regular cards. I'll see if I can find a second print run copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
Variant rule: If you play a gold card and someone picks it you'll gain +1 point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mister lee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The gold cards are beautiful.
Worth just having to show it off.. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oszvald Juhasz
Hungary
Helvécia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I do not have the original set, just expansions. Would anyone show me the difference between a non-gold and a gold card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigbluehun wrote:
Hi all,

I do not have the original set, just expansions. Would anyone show me the difference between a non-gold and a gold card?

There's a few photos on here and in the Dice Tower Review he shows off some of the gold cards. We really won't see the versions of the gold cards in their non-gold form until printing 2 so if you got it now you have the gold cards. It's not the entire card, it's parts of it. One for example the stars are gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Dominguez
msg tools
Did you have any information if they use 18K or 24K plating on the cards?

I have the first printing version, it's amazing! To print a real gold tone they might have to use the real gold leaf to get that striking effect?

Any information regarding this cards will be really helpful, I went to Asmodee's site, not much information regarding this gold cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Sindram
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What a shame it'll only be for the first print run! I hoped this would become the standard for now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received a copy from an Amazon seller who was having a fire sale ($15--yowza!). That deal is over, though.

Anyway, no telling if this store stock has been sitting around for a long time, but they still had the sticker about the 21 gold cards. While I find this artist's work to be simply gorgeous (and I'm quite loayl to the original Dixit artist), I don't feel the gold cards add much. It's a tiny bit of flash, but there are plenty of cards with gold coloring that don't have the foil embellishment, so it seems random. And I find it slightly distracting.

I'm not looking to trade these away or anything, but hopefully there are still plenty of first edition copies floating around out there. And if not, it shouldn't be seen as a big loss to anyone. At most, I see the gold as a new clue you could give that narrows the field down to those 21 cards. But that's a risky move, since you have to assume others are holding at least one gold card that fits your clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.