Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Move Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello. Can an investigator move from either the diamond or the triangle to the star with 1 movement point left (half a move action)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:

Hello. Can an investigator move from either the diamond or the triangle to the star with 1 movement point left (half a move action)?

Thanks.

Only the diamond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for getting back so quickly... the game is paused and it's that close!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
I played Escape from Innsmouth about six times (all losses) before my friend pointed out that you could move to the boat from any space other than the one at the end of the dock (upper right of your image).

It just hadn't occur to me, maybe because of the water.

He pointed out that you'd jump a gap like that no worries if you're running for your life. Haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minor technicality, given the triangle is on the shed space, you can't get to either marked space with 1 movement point.

Of course, I know you are really referring to the space surrounding the shed, but the distinction is important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFool wrote:
I played Escape from Innsmouth about six times (all losses) before my friend pointed out that you could move to the boat from any space other than the one at the end of the dock (upper right of your image).

It just hadn't occur to me, maybe because of the water.

He pointed out that you'd jump a gap like that no worries if you're running for your life. Haha.

Crap... this is the farthest I've made it... but I didn't have Craven. Back to the drawing board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Fazio
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I've been confused about this too.

I see where investigators can move to an "adjacent space" with each move action, and adjacent spaces are defined in page 4 of the rules as sharing "a border, a door, an impassable border, or a wall." A corner is not good enough, then? I played this wrong for some time, I think. (Another legacy mechanic I carried over unthinkingly from 1st edition, I'm afraid.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, a corner is not an edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Stevenson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Agree that diamond only works. Important to remember that any impassable barriers will be denoted by the dotted lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.