Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Playing thru the walk thru scenario, and came across "Hidden Unit" action for the Germans.

The action refers to;

"3) Place the selected unit (along with it's Weapon, if any) into any hex that is: witin his original set-up area AND contains no units of either side: AND has a Cover of at least 1"

What is the definition of a players "set up area"?
I can't seem to find this anywhere.
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every scenario has a Set Up area for each side. Look on the scenario card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks.
For the "walk through" scenario I'm not seeing where the "set up" areas for each side are delineated on the maps or in the scenario description. Each side has a general side of the map...but that's all I'm seeing.
I came across specific descriptions of "Set up" areas in the rules for "Random Scenario" set ups..to whit;

RS.10 Defender Sets Up
The defender now sets up his purchased units/markers within 8 hexes of his friendly board edge if the orientation is "wide"; or up to 12 hexes deep if the board is orientation is "narrow".

RS.11 Attacker Sets Up
The attacker now sets up his purchased units/markers within 2 hexes of his friendly board edge if the orientation is "wide"; or up to 3 hexes deep if the board orientation is "narrow".

There is more information for setting up a "Recon scenario" but it is a moot point for me at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about the "walk through", but every actual scenario has a Set Up area. Look at the image I just posted, it's under SET UP. I can't be any clearer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I don't know about the "walk through", but every actual scenario has a Set Up area. Look at the image I just posted, it's under SET UP. I can't be any clearer.

My my. What an interesting attitude you have.

Indeed. It can't be "any clearer". However, this did not help me with the walk through scenario, which does NOT have a the same information as is provided for each of the other scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, in the above example:

If the Axis gets a Hidden unit, they can set up six hexes from their side of the board.

If the Indians get a Hidden Unit, it can be set up in any of the 13 designated hexes in SSR1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Thanks.
For the "walk through" scenario I'm not seeing where the "set up" areas for each side are delineated on the maps or in the scenario description. Each side has a general side of the map...but that's all I'm seeing.
I came across specific descriptions of "Set up" areas in the rules for "Random Scenario" set ups..to whit;

RS.10 Defender Sets Up
The defender now sets up his purchased units/markers within 8 hexes of his friendly board edge if the orientation is "wide"; or up to 12 hexes deep if the board is orientation is "narrow".

RS.11 Attacker Sets Up
The attacker now sets up his purchased units/markers within 2 hexes of his friendly board edge if the orientation is "wide"; or up to 3 hexes deep if the board orientation is "narrow".

There is more information for setting up a "Recon scenario" but it is a moot point for me at this time.

I'm thinking that the "walk through" scenario comes from the Random Scenatio Generatoe (RSG). If so, then you have just described the setup areas for attacker and defebder above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Indeed. It can't be "any clearer". However, this did not help me with the walk through scenario, which does NOT have a the same information as is provided for each of the other scenarios.

I answered the question, "What is the definition of a players set up area?"

Now you have a different question, "What is the set up area for the example of play in the CC:E playbook?" The example never directly answers this question, but I suspect that it's from the random scenario generator: the German set up area would be the leftmost 12 columns of the map and the Russian set up area is the rightmost 3 columns of the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
My my. What an interesting attitude you have.

Just ignore people with an attitude. I guess some people need the conformation
Actually David did not answer your question, as far as I understood it. (Edit: In his first post).

And unfortunately there is no answer to your question in my opinion. At least I could not find it.

The walkthrough scenario seems to use the map of Scenario 1, but uses different rules apparently.
It looks like the setup area here is for the Axis at least 9 hexes deep (from the left).
And at least 3 hexes deep for the Allies (from the right).

The main aim of the given example is to show you how using the Recruitment table works. If you combine this with the actual setup area that will be given in each scenario you are good to go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

See HS.3.8, on page 2 of the playbook.

Also RS.10 and RS.11 on page 23.

Designed scenarios can have different set-up areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.