Popular Tags: [View All]
William (Andy) Anderson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I received Pillars of the Earth, one of the small green worker pieces had a missing leg. I have emailed and phoned Mayfair games about replacing this piece. The email was not answered but the phone call went fine with the lady taking my address and saying that the part would be mailed. After several weeks I emailed again saying that my piece has not arrived and could they send it, again no response to my email. Tomorrow I'll phone them again but this seems kind of poor customer support. It's kind of rude of customer support folks not to respond to emails asking for assistance. Just had to vent.

I'm not anti Mayfair Games as I have lots of them and will continue to buy them. Just wish they would put a bit more effort into supporting customers who have small problems with game parts.

Update: Saturday 26 May the small green worker arrived in perfect shape. Mayfair had stated that they had mailed it before but it never arrived here. Thanks for making the game whole! Mayfair comes through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mayfair Games, customer service?
Sorry you are having trouble. The two times I needed Mayfair's assistance (one miscut Bang! card, and obtaining the rings for my Starfarers rockets) they responded quickly and I had my parts within a week. I used email customer support. I hope your trouble is an oversight on their part and that you receive your piece soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too had no issues. Once a missing pewter mortar and pestle for "Theophrastus" about three years ago which I asked for by email and received a couple of weeks later - no questions asked (I live in Australia btw). Next was an email enquiry regarding Settlers of Catan game components - I have the German versions with neat plastic pieces and wanted the English rules/cards. This one took them a while to replay but I eventually placed an order and it too arrived within a couple of weeks.
Hope you have some better luck soon but they don't seem too bad. Don't forget to check your junk mail filter - it's caught me ought before...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott De Regt
Australia
Montville
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem with pillars, 3 of my workers were amputees and the master builder draw bag had a whole in it (I just sewed that up however, didn't mention it to Mayfair). I sent an email through to customer service and got an email back very quickly (matter of hours). They asked me for an address to send the replacement pieces to and just to confirm the pieces that I needed.

That was about 5 weeks ago... I might email them again now, to be honest I kind of forgot about it, but I would have remembered the next time I got this great game onto the table.

Good luck, hope they sort everything out for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd rather be gaming...
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought The Downfall of Pompeii last week and found I was missing 1 yellow pawn. I sent Mayfair customer service an email 5 days ago and got this auto response:

"Thank you for contacting Mayfair Games customer service. You will receive an e mail when your request is being processed. We look forward to serving you, thank you for your patience while we process your request. Requests are processed in the order they were received."

I'm in the queue...

(and another Aussie)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
2ndPlace wrote:
When I received Pillar of the Earth one of the small green worker pieces had a missing leg. I have emailed and phoned Mayfair games about replacing this piece. The email was not answered but the phone call went fine with the lady taking my address and saying that the part would be mailed. After several weeks I emailed again saying that my piece has not arrived and could they send it, again no response to my email. Tomorrow I'll phone them again but this seems kind of poor customer support. It's kind of rude of customer support folks not to respond to emails asking for assistance. Just had to vent.

I'm not anti Mayfair Games as I have lots of them and will continue to buy them. Just wish they would put a bit more effort into supporting customers who have small problems with game parts.
I am currently going through the exact same experience as you, except I have two damaged small workers (one red is one-legged and one gray is one-footed) and an mis-inked tax die.

However, being an equal opportunity cathedral construction site manager, my one-legged/-footed small workers are employed and function as well as my two-legged small workers when gathering resources--that is, other than being able to actually stand up in the wool mill, forest, quarry, and gravel pit.

I too am disappointed in Mayfair's support for The Pillars of the Earth regarding the damaged/misproduced game components that came with the game.

yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teddy C
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears I am in the same boat as many.

I was very excited to get this game. My "Pillars of the Earth" had two legless workers. It's too bad that the quality control for this game was so bad. Such a shame.

I e-mailed them about replacements, and some were supposedly sent out to me. However, that was about 2.5 weeks ago. I still don't have the replacements. I love the game, but I wish the quality of the pieces were better. If anything, my experiences with Mayfair make me less likely to impulsively buy a game from them unless I have lots of recommendations from others because I know that dealing with their customer service is such a nightmare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I have learned through my experience with Mayfair customer service:
1. They are slow.
2. They never respond to email.
3. They will send the part regardless.

Basically, anytime you need a replacement part, just fire off an email and wait. They won't reply, but in a couple months you will get the part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to follow-up to my original post...

After waiting over 1 month (and sending multiple email messages), I finally received the damaged game components that originally came with my new copy of The Pillars of the Earth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I encountered many times about having damaged or missing components in my new games from different publishers. Most of them do not respond emails. But I can tell they do working on the replacement for kindly. Even I am living in HK and requesting for the international replacement, I had no problem most of the time. FFG, RGG, Mayfair, Ravensburger, etc, are those publishers which I have successfully received replacement from them in about 2 weeks. And I often write back for their professional services.

Up till now, I only have encountered problem in getting replacement from German publishers. I have written to Drei Magier Spiele for a missing piece in Ciao Ciao. I havent received any response nor the replacement yet for some weeks already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been lucky with Mayfair customer support as well. I bought a new copy of Starfarers of Catan and one of my motherships had the top piece broken off. They quickly sent me out an entire new mother ship!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Beadman
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I Think Mayfair Customer support is great.
My copy of Settlers of Catan has Creased cards and the die had paint peeling off of it.
They replaced both. and response was quick.

Barry In Canada

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei Shan Piak
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Mayfair Games is awesome! I live in Singapore & thought they will never mail the missing components (lack of 4 yellow cubes) of Downfall of Pompeii to me. I'm glad I contacted them because they sent me the components!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls