Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Bates
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some fun combining Legendary Alien with Marvel heroes to create Brood scenarios. I set up LE:A as per instructions, but instead of the 4 characters from the movie I used Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler from the X-Men.

Instead of strikes affecting the player, strikes accumulate on the heroes in the HQ, starting with the lowest cost hero. Heroes with strikes cannot be hired, but they can be healed by cards that would normally remove strikes from players.

If a hero accumulates strikes greater than his/her cost, the hero becomes Brood and enters the Complex immediately as an enemy, strength equal to the cost. All Brood heroes are killed when fought except for Wolverine, who is gained (a nod to the storyline, where Wolverine can't be overcome by the hatching Brood).

I had to interpret some cards to make sense:

- Ash can be killed if you use three different heroes (like in the movie).
- Storm's "rooftop" buff doesn't work, figuring there's nowhere on the ship big enough for her to fly around.
- There's no Ripley card to show when dealing with The Newborn, so be prepared!

I thought it was a fun setup, about as difficult as the normal setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.