$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you Regain sanity? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendy
Canada
flag msg tools
In a two player game we had one sanity token left each and as soon as we awoken shudde m'ell (all players collectively lose 3/4/5 sanity tokens ). It was game over because we both wen insane. Seems a little sudden when we has sealed 3 gates.

Is there any way to regain sanity besides sealing a gate when insane?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there a Relic card that grants sanity?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Isn't there a Relic card that grants sanity?

Song of Kaddath... but don't you need to resolve awakenings before using relics?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
buruburub wrote:
...but don't you need to resolve awakenings before using relics?


No, but you have to roll the die.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hugolefou wrote:
buruburub wrote:
...but don't you need to resolve awakenings before using relics?


No, but you have to roll the die.


Song of Kaddath cleary says that using it does not require rolling the sanity die.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
paulsecond wrote:
hugolefou wrote:
buruburub wrote:
...but don't you need to resolve awakenings before using relics?


No, but you have to roll the die.


Song of Kaddath cleary says that using it does not require rolling the sanity die.


Right. Since Kayne was using the plural form 'relics', I was referring to the general rule.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
denwishy wrote:
In a two player game we had one sanity token left each and as soon as we awoken shudde m'ell (all players collectively lose 3/4/5 sanity tokens ). It was game over because we both wen insane. Seems a little sudden when we has sealed 3 gates.

Sometimes you lose Pandemic; it's designed that way.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirsten Blom
Netherlands
flag msg tools
This is my amazing dog Moxxi. She supports us gaming by trying to steal our food :P
mbmbmbmbmb
riddle13 wrote:
denwishy wrote:
In a two player game we had one sanity token left each and as soon as we awoken shudde m'ell (all players collectively lose 3/4/5 sanity tokens ). It was game over because we both wen insane. Seems a little sudden when we has sealed 3 gates.

Sometimes you lose Pandemic; it's designed that way.


Agree. The insantiy mechanic is there to make you think about who will seal the gates and who will take the insanity hits more. This makes our 2 player games quite heart jumping lol. Because when one is insane and the other has 1 sanity left you really need to think ahead of what to do.

And yeah, the game is designed to sometimes fail
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés F.
Argentina
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hugolefou wrote:
buruburub wrote:
...but don't you need to resolve awakenings before using relics?

No, but you have to roll the die.

Um, are you sure of this? The rules state that relics can be played at any time "except in between drawing and resolving a card". My interpretation is that if a card you drew caused an Awakening (either an Evil Stirs, a Summoning that brought the 4th cultist or a Summoning that caused a Shoggoth to move through a gate), then you must first resolve all of the card's effects, including the Awakening that may cause a Great Old One to appear and make you lose the game, before you can play the relic.

My interpretation is that "resolving a card" includes any cascading consequence of drawing that card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.