Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryson Yuzyk
Canada
Port Moody
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the tournament rules posted somewhere? Trait set, number of players, with Climate, with or without Flight boards, etc?

Thanks,
Bryson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like that should be up to the people running it based on the target audience. If there are going to be total beginners, base makes sense. If it's mostly people familiar with the game and some beginners, adding an expansion for the final seems to make sense. And if it's all or almost all experienced players, going all out with expansions makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Look, honey, he thinks there's honey in there!
badge
We can't all be Zheleznogorsk.
mbmbmbmbmb
In my uninformed opinion, I see ten competitive Evolution Formats:

1. Base
2. Base + Flight
3. Climate sans Events
3a. Climate w/ Events
4. Climate + Flight Trait + Cliffs sans Events
4a. Climate + Flight Trait + Cliffs w/ Events
5-10. Each of the above with the Plant Species Board

Eleven if you want to introduce a The Beginning league, but that's problematic with FLGS adoption in the U.S. for the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryson Yuzyk
Canada
Port Moody
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Seems like that should be up to the people running it based on the target audience. If there are going to be total beginners, base makes sense. If it's mostly people familiar with the game and some beginners, adding an expansion for the final seems to make sense. And if it's all or almost all experienced players, going all out with expansions makes sense.

Given the designer's comments regarding the incompatibility of Climate and the Flight traits, I would like it if they would announce the formal "tournament" ruleset to be used in NSG tournaments. In particular I would like to know the number of players in a tournament round, and if Climate is the standard format whether the event cards will be used.

It's hard to practice for a tournament setting when you don't know the cards/events/boards/player number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yubinshan wrote:
MD1616 wrote:

Given the designer's comments regarding the incompatibility of Climate and the Flight traits, I would like it if they would announce the formal "tournament" ruleset to be used in NSG tournaments. In particular I would like to know the number of players in a tournament round, and if Climate is the standard format whether the event cards will be used.

It's hard to practice for a tournament setting when you don't know the cards/events/boards/player number.

At this point, I'd assume it's the base game, rules as written, nothing fancy. Given what Dom has said (repeatedly), I don't see them adding odd twists to an already well balanced game. They may have separate tournaments for Flight and Climate, but again, I'd be surprised at anything other than rulebook rules for each. Player count would be the only thing up in the air.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love you Byron! You're spot on. kiss

Yes, I always expected stores to run tournaments using the base game. But if a stores owner wants to run a CLIMATE tournament or a Flight tournament, that would not bother me. They can run as many tournaments as they want!

The tournament kit supports 16 players. Games should be with 4 players whenever possible, but sometimes there will be tables of 3 players or 5 players and that's fine too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the image you can show your Friendly Local Game Store to let them know how to get the Evolution Tournament Kit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is the kit available outside of the US (namely France)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask your local retailer. I know there was a distributor from Denmark telling stores to contact them because supplies were limited, but not sure where in the world the kits have made it.

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.