Tiny Epic Kingdoms» Forums » Rules

Subject: UTEK : solo game Vs orcs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dummy player is Orcs. Their levels' abilities are difficult to understand (i am new to the game).

-Level 1 "you win all ties in war": from the rules, paying the war cost is enough to win in solo. Does it mean with orcs level 1, i should pay +1?

-Level 2, orc can spend food and each food gives +1 to war. Does it means that if the orcs have 5 foods, they spend the 5 foods (now 0) and gains +5 war ?

-Level 3, -1 war cost. Logicallly it would means i need to pay +1 to win against orcs.

-Level 4, orcs can spend 1 mana to increase the war cost by its value. Would that mean that orcs having 5 mana will now have 4 mana and add +2 to their war costs?

Thank you for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Clements
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Jamel, Im also new to the game and i dont know what the offical answers are but here is my interpritation after playing solo several times...

Level 1, yes thats correct. drawing would no longer be enough as Orcs would win all ties.

Level 2, No. The dummy player never spends anything in war.
the rules say on page 28
"the dummys war cost is equal to the number of armies they have in play. The dummy player never pays for war."
So gaining this new ability for the Orcs as the dummy player does nothing.

Level 3, No Again this new ability does nothing for the dummy player.
The dummy player never pays for war.

Level 4, Im not sure on this one. I'd say No
Because its says "you may spend 1" I'd personally play as if the dummy player choose 'not' to spend 1 Mana to increase his wars cost. Again you could reason that the war cost is down to "the number of armies they have in play." Not how much mana they spend and other resources they have.

I think thats why the Orcs are good as the dummy player and the rules suggest using them as nothing really changes with the new abilities they unlock. apart from the 1st one.
Plus Solo is hard enough as it is unless i've been playing it wrong...

all the best with it
hope this helps
Oh and sorry for bad spelling i can't spell to save my life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, it will help. I must admit that the way i played, orcs were impossible to fight after a few rounds! And your answers are a good bluemap for the other ennemies also i will try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Clements
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Your welcome, just remember that the cost of War changes when you are in night/day phase as I failed to mention that above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.