14 Posts

Adrenaline» Forums » Rules

Subject: Why 6 numbers on the kill tracker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understand why there are 6 numbers on the player boards cause skulls get placed on the numbers and the next value opens up but at end of the game scoring there are only 5 players so why have 8/6/4/2/1/1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
If you play with the addition of a bot, the bot scores too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't play with a bot when playing in 5p. There are no components for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JaspeLoedm wrote:
I understand why there are 6 numbers on the player boards cause skulls get placed on the numbers and the next value opens up but at end of the game scoring there are only 5 players so why have 8/6/4/2/1/1?

Potential forward thinking for the possibility a 6-player expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Bieniek
msg tools
Remember that you cover these numbers with the skulls when they kill you. Imagine what it would looks like after you'll die 3 times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bieniu wrote:
Remember that you cover these numbers with the skulls when they kill you. Imagine what it would looks like after you'll die 3 times.

A little confusion Bieniu, I'm talking about the one printed on the board. The player boards get covered, not the game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game yesterday (and really enjoyed it) and also wondered the same thing.
I thought I played the game wrongly because of that 6th number but checking the rules thoroughly didn't clarify things and I'm pretty sure we played correctly and that number is useless.
I hope a 6th player expansion in the future is the reason. Otherwise perhaps a printing error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably 1 of 2 reasons:

1- Possible addition of a 6th player in a future expansion

2- Remnant of an earlier design, where they tried 6p but felt it wasn't balanced and simply was taken out (there is a few games out there that have such things -- ex: Copycat has a spot for 5p, even though it is a 4 player game)

Heck, maybe both, if the 6p game wasn't ready yet. 3-vs-3 team deathmatch anyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is showing the final scoring at the end of the game. When the game ends you rank everyone based on kills and overkills. That track is to show how many points you get for first, second, third, etc place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be for bots.
If you count points the bot makes during the game, a 5 player game with one bot may need a 6-spaces track for final game points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no figure for a sixth player/bot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are the official sources to solve this mystery? I'm likely playing the game for a second time this evening and I know I'll be distracted by that sixth number the entire game, possibly costing me a rare victory. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I would assume for a 6th player expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly!
It is already in the works and should be ready for Essen 2017. This has been announced on many videos/sites/interviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.